Jump to content
Giants4eva

Week 1 GDT: Giants vs Cowboys @ 4:25pm EST

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

I think this because while Eli is well past his prime it's not like we have a huge amount of talent around him.  Jerry Reese wasted the back half of Eli's career and we haven't had a "talented" roster in 6-7 years now.  I mean did you watch the game on Sunday?  Can you honestly say the game was Eli's fault?  The Cowboys scored touchdowns on 5 straight drives and walked down the field at will.  We need to face facts, we're not a good team right now.

 

I get it, Daniel Jones is the new exciting toy and his time will come.  But starting him right now would be throwing him to the wolves.  Let him watch Eli and I bet you we'll see him in the second half of the year.  The main goal should be to make sure that Daniel Jones is ready to go week 1 of next year.  I know that may sound ridiculous, but we're not winning a Super Bowl this year.  I think playing here and there and starting 6-8 games will accomplish that goal.  

Glad to see not everyone is thinking Eli needs to burn in a fiery car crash his last season in Blue.

Benching him now would be the ultimate slap in the face, was bad enough watching the idiot McAdoo (don't) bench him in place of a "running type quarterback" that worked out so well.  Just because Daniel Jones has more mobility than Eli Manning, which who doesn't have.  Manning is a pocket passer and it appears that is exactly what we have in Jones, which is a good thing.  His legs isn't going to magically make this team better, but sitting behind a leader is and the longer he waits the better he'll be in my opinion.  Zero need to rush him on a field when the best person to handle a lack of talent at receiver is already on the field and performed as expected last week.

You're exactly right!...Eli wasn't the issue, really never was the issue if you ask me.  This franchise has pissed away some prime years by not giving him a decent line to work behind and when you understand that's all he really ever needs to win games we see that this total destruction of the entire team wasn't needed.  This GM has once again put another team on the field that is lacking receivers, which is completely his fault btw. So while the offensive line was addressed to some extent the receivers can't get seperation so we're looking at coverage sacks now.  You can only do so much and it just seems like this GM makes sure that he puts this team in horrible situations.  We have zero pass rush with an extremely young secondary.  Recipe for disaster.

I for one believe at the very least Eli deserves to go out on his terms and if not it'll leave a mark on the front office that they'll never be able to wash off.    

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Glad to see not everyone is thinking Eli needs to burn in a fiery car crash his last season in Blue.

Benching him now would be the ultimate slap in the face, was bad enough watching the idiot McAdoo (don't) bench him in place of a "running type quarterback" that worked out so well.  Just because Daniel Jones has more mobility than Eli Manning, which who doesn't have.  Manning is a pocket passer and it appears that is exactly what we have in Jones, which is a good thing.  His legs isn't going to magically make this team better, but sitting behind a leader is and the longer he waits the better he'll be in my opinion.  Zero need to rush him on a field when the best person to handle a lack of talent at receiver is already on the field and performed as expected last week.

You're exactly right!...Eli wasn't the issue, really never was the issue if you ask me.  This franchise has pissed away some prime years by not giving him a decent line to work behind and when you understand that's all he really ever needs to win games we see that this total destruction of the entire team wasn't needed.  This GM has once again put another team on the field that is lacking receivers, which is completely his fault btw. So while the offensive line was addressed to some extent the receivers can't get seperation so we're looking at coverage sacks now.  You can only do so much and it just seems like this GM makes sure that he puts this team in horrible situations.  We have zero pass rush with an extremely young secondary.  Recipe for disaster.

I for one believe at the very least Eli deserves to go out on his terms and if not it'll leave a mark on the front office that they'll never be able to wash off.    

 

 

I will say MacAdoo was right about Eli, he just handled it the wrong way.  MacAdoo was the first to really notice that Eli was part of the problem and wanted to move on.  From what I've heard he also wanted to try to move up for Patrick Mahomes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

I will say MacAdoo was right about Eli, he just handled it the wrong way.  MacAdoo was the first to really notice that Eli was part of the problem and wanted to move on.  From what I've heard he also wanted to try to move up for Patrick Mahomes

Nevermind...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Nevermind...

Lol.  I mean how can you argue that?  Listen I hated the guy however I read a story where he told the Giants front office that.  Too bad he had zero people skills and lost the team and his job.  But he wanted Mahomes and look what that's turned into.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Shockey1979 said:

 

I've been ready for the Eli era to be over for a couple of years now but... I'd much rather work DJ in a few drives here and there then to just throw him to the wolves. Yes he has to experience some growing pains and make some mistakes and learn. We all know this season is a waste and they have zero chance of doing anything significant but... I'd rather they ease the rookie into his playtime little by little with him eventually starting later on this season hopefully. Then next year he can take over the reigns on a fresh season maybe with some momentum and it'll be DG's 3rd year and he should have all the pieces in place. 

That isn’t a good strategy at all. We need Jones to get the practice reps. Jones and Eli are very different quarterbacks despite Jones being a clone. It’s either all or nothing. We see rookies all the time come in and do well. Let Jones take the reigns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Gmen19851 said:

Lol.  I mean how can you argue that?  Listen I hated the guy however I read a story where he told the Giants front office that.  Too bad he had zero people skills and lost the team and his job.  But he wanted Mahomes and look what that's turned into.  

I just don't see Eli as being the problem is all.  If he wanted Mahomes, good on him.

I believe Eli gets dinged for so much that is completely out of his control.

Edited by ny92mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×