Week 1 GDT: Giants vs Cowboys @ 4:25pm EST

Giants4eva

disgusting game. unreal. this defence is so messed up its not even funny. blown coverages, multiple misreads on WRs coming out, zero to no pressure or disruption generated up front. very sickening. the offense overall was a lot better than I thought theyd be. just wanna forget this game and regroup for next week against the bills

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

It's not Bettcher. This defense isn't there yet. They may get there this season, but definitely not in week 1. 

Don't see how he gets a pass from you... this is his 2nd season, they've given him the personnel he needed for his scheme.. who else are we blaming for that performance today? Granted...aside from the opening drive the offense wasn't very good either. But that was some atrocious defense out there today :|

22 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

Don't see how he gets a pass from you... this is his 2nd season, they've given him the personnel he needed for his scheme.. who else are we blaming for that performance today? Granted...aside from the opening drive the offense wasn't very good either. But that was some atrocious defense out there today :|

What personnel? A bunch of rookies? Bettcher adjusted as best as he can in that game. The adjustments were made, believe it or not. It's on the DBs to actually cover receivers and be in the right position. It's on the DL to get to the QB. Neither happened at all. 

50 minutes ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

Daniel Jones sighting! 

I think this team is still a year away but like Troy said they're better than they were a year ago. Right around 7 wins 

We'll see next week where we are at. We obviously aren't poised for the playoffs. The Cowboys are a playoff team. The Bills are about an average-below average team. Next week gives us a better picture. 

9 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

What personnel? A bunch of rookies? Bettcher adjusted as best as he can in that game. The adjustments were made, believe it or not. It's on the DBs to actually cover receivers and be in the right position. It's on the DL to get to the QB. Neither happened at all. 

Peppers as a replacement for Collins, Markus Golden one of his guys from the Cards, Bethea one of his guys, Pierre one of his guys, and 10 out of the last 16 draft picks were defense...

Look I'm not saying I expect a top 10 defense...but I expect a measured improvement from last season. I saw regression today...

To be fair, this defense looked just as lost against the Cowboys when we had Collins, Vernon, Snacks, JPP.  Nothing has changed. #1 priority should be pass rusher  next off-season.

On the bright side, the offense looks decent. Saquon and Engram are a nice pair of threats. 

• Like 1

We are gonna have a ton of cap space next year and a mid to high draft pick. The pick needs to be the best pass rusher available. Sign Shaq Thompson to play $LB. Get these young guys another year under their belts. Next year is the real deal. 

Also, Daniel has ball security issues. He's gotta get that ironed out. He's been spectacular otherwise. 

Next game, we see how good we are this year. Home opener against a much worse team than we saw today. Gotta show up. 

Cowboys fan here. 

Your defense did not look great. Not sure how much of that is cowboys now seemingly having decent OC to go along with talent or just lack of talent on d. 

Offense showed some nice things though. Oline looks good, and with Barkley behind it could be something special. Ingram is also a matchup nightmare. And Latimore is a nice vertical threat. 

Eli didn’t look bad, but with current defense Eli’s style won’t be able to keep them in games enough to fully utilize Barkley. That being said though Saquan is amazing and the line is much improved and should be enough to get them 7-8 wins. Team has made strides since last year, but combo of Eli and subpar defense are gonna hold them back this year. 

Until week 8...

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

We'll see next week where we are at. We obviously aren't poised for the playoffs. The Cowboys are a playoff team. The Bills are about an average-below average team. Next week gives us a better picture. 

Yup fair. The Cowboys are a good team. I think the Giants will win next week. 

This year is about saying goodbye to Eli, getting DJ some snaps, and letting the rookies play. DeAndre Baker looked terrible. 

Anyone else see the Browns get boatraced? OBJ really made his impact felt xD