Ravens WR Corp

a4ce

First off, yes, this is a fantasy question.  Sorry about it.

I was wondering what the feeling was about the Ravens WRs.  What's the word coming out of practice?  I'm intrigued with Hollywood and Boykin.  Not so much with Snead.  Or Roberts for that matter.  ALL of them are sitting there on the ww.  Any ideas who the starters will be?  Will Lamar be passing more?  Personally, I think he will.  I picked him up as my QB2.  

Thanks.  If this is in the wrong place?  Sorry about that and please delete.

47 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Mark Ingram should be a very good fantasy player this year though.

True. But I still don’t trust him. Between the three, we might see a 40/35/25 split between the backs. The good thing about that is Ingram has proven to be effective in a limited role with the Saints, so he’s used to making the most of his touches.

41 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

True. But I still don’t trust him. Between the three, we might see a 40/35/25 split between the backs. The good thing about that is Ingram has proven to be effective in a limited role with the Saints, so he’s used to making the most of his touches.

And knowing Harbaugh, even though Kenneth Dixon is now a FA and on IR, he'll probably still find a way to give Dixon 5-10 carries per game, or at least take 5-10 carries/game away from whoever our best back is.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And knowing Harbaugh, even though Kenneth Dixon is now a FA and on IR, he'll probably still find a way to give Dixon 5-10 carries per game, or at least take 5-10 carries/game away from whoever our best back is.

Wouldn’t surprise me if this comes out to be true if an injury strikes our RB unit. While Turner could get bumped up, I think the other option might be to turn to what might be a healthy Dixon.

Another fantasy player I like on our team is Mark Andrews, what he was able to do with his usage was fantastic. Can’t imagine that he won’t be a stud option this year.

3 hours ago, a4ce said:

First off, yes, this is a fantasy question.  Sorry about it.

I was wondering what the feeling was about the Ravens WRs.  What's the word coming out of practice?  I'm intrigued with Hollywood and Boykin.  Not so much with Snead.  Or Roberts for that matter.  ALL of them are sitting there on the ww.  Any ideas who the starters will be?  Will Lamar be passing more?  Personally, I think he will.  I picked him up as my QB2.  

Thanks.  If this is in the wrong place?  Sorry about that and please delete.

I think Marquise Brown could make for a smart stash player to throw on the team. I don’t think he will come on early, I think Boykin has the best chance of doing that in the first 2/3 games.

However Brown is really fast and has really good hands, he isn’t going to require high usage to make a high impact due to explosive play ability. We know the team is going to try and use him on bubble screens, Jets sweeps, and deep. Also as Lamar sees lots of zone fronts, Brown similar to Mandrews showed in college that he excels in being an explosive zone buster.

With Lamar at QB I expect Brown’s impact to grow as more teams try and get creative with cover 2 and cover 3 fronts. You can’t cover Brown in zone and therefore I expect him to finish the season with around 800 yds receiving, 150 yds rushing, 7 TDs. Do with that prediction what you will.

I would say the realistic, 60-70th percentile projection is for Lamar to have ~3,400 passing yards, with 600 or so to each of Brown, Boykin, Snead and Andrews.  Then there is about 1,000 yards split among Hurst, Boyle, the remaining WR and the remaining RB.  I'd like to see more across the board, but as others have said, I think that things are going to be pretty spread out with only Andrews being a really good option among WR/TE.

8 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Mark Ingram should be a very good fantasy player this year though.

Justice Hill is a good stash as well, though obviously not remotely startable in fantasy right now. But I believe in his talent/think he has something unique to offer to the team in terms of his speed that is going to get him opportunities as the season wears on. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp