Broncos @ Raiders Week 1 GDT

agarcia34

11 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Top 5 defense. A budding star pass rusher opposite their star pass rusher and the leagues premier defensive coach calling it. 

All they need is Flacco to manage games and they will win a lot of games. 

That’s a big if, when was the last time Flacco did anything?

This is a passing league and the Raiders passing game is superior by far.

Carr and the WRs are going to carve up  Denvers defense.

2 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

That’s a big if, when was the last time Flacco did anything?

This is a passing league and the Raiders passing game is superior by far.

Carr and the WRs are going to carve up  Denvers defense.

Can't pass if you can't block upfront. Denver's pass rushers going against Kolton Miller and a couple backup G's doesn't bode well for Carr. And we all know who Carr is when pressured.

Fangio will have a plan for AB. They are going to be stout against the run (again 2 backup G's starting). 

What answer will Oakland have for Denvers talented WRs and RBs?

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Vic Fangio is one of the best pass rushing strategist in the NFL. And has an elite and becoming elite pass rusher(s).

Tom Cable has had the 23rd or worse Pass Protection (usually 28th or worse) in his nearly 15 year NFL career. 

Vic Fangio vs Tom Cable. Mismatch of the week. 

Are these the only two factors of the game? Of course not. But I’d say it’s the key matchup. 

If we can pound Jacobs at Denvers weak spots, stay turnover free, and force Flacco into some mistakes then we absolutely can win this game. Denvers offense is nothing special. Probably a Bottom 5-7 Offense in the NFL. However, their offense is better than our defense. 

Looking from a 1000% neutral perspective and taking my fanhood out of it, I say 22-20 Denver wins a sloppy game between two rough teams. 

Before anyone gets sensitive... I’ll be rooting for Oakland like a crazed person, I’ll be rooting for Derek Carr, rooting for Antonio Brown, rooting for Josh Jacobs, yelling as Jon Gruden yells, and hoping like heck I am wrong as we go 1-0. I want the Raiders to win 100000000% more than my prediction. Obviously. But I can’t pick the Raiders every time, and I just think Denver has a better chance here, even if it’s slim. I say Denver 53-54% chance of winning. 

Let’s go Raiders, prove me wrong!!!!

Good point, specifically due to this I can see us running the ball a lot and using an awful lot of quick hit type passes, get the ball out quick before Miller and Chubb come flying around the corner. Luckily, we have Brown, Renfrow, Jacobs and Richard who should all be heavily featured and Carr is certainly very adept at getting the ball out quick with a very quick release.

On D we should try and make Flacco beat us in the air, we have the cover guys now to leave on an island and the Broncos receiving core isn't very deep or good apart from Sanders who may well be rusty after injury to his achilles. Lindsay is the other threat and I think we try and bottle him up first. I can't really see this game being a great game or a 42-30 kind of offensive shootout as the Denver D is strong but their O is very patchy. I can see a sloppy game with lots of mistakes and home advantage being the telling factor for us in a close fought win.

Edited by Darbsk

Anyone thinking that the Raiders will score more than 20 points against this Defense is completely drinking the koolaid. This was a good defense with Vance Joesph running things. Fangio is basically the McVay of defense. I honestly don’t trust Gruden to out coach Fangio at all. Also i don’t think this team really cares about Oakland too much. They aren’t going to play hard because it’s the last home opener or that it’s on Monday night. As a matter of fact they haven’t been successful at all on Monday night winning 2 of the last 10. The Raiders are going to lose this game, not by a lot but enough. 

21 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Anyone thinking that the Raiders will score more than 20 points against this Defense is completely drinking the koolaid. This was a good defense with Vance Joesph running things. Fangio is basically the McVay of defense. I honestly don’t trust Gruden to out coach Fangio at all. Also i don’t think this team really cares about Oakland too much. They aren’t going to play hard because it’s the last home opener or that it’s on Monday night. As a matter of fact they haven’t been successful at all on Monday night winning 2 of the last 10. The Raiders are going to lose this game, not by a lot but enough. 

It'll be interesting to see Fangio as a HC and not a pure DC. 

I'm going to change stance on this. I looked at the Broncos depth chart and like the way the Raiders stack up. 

Their Oline isn't great and Bolles should be a matchup they can take advantage off. Sutton is talented, but our CBs shouldn't have much trouble with him. Sanders is quick and can get vertical so he'll get his in spots. Stop Lindsay and Freeman in the run game, force them into 3rd and long and we should be fine. That offense doesn't looks like it can put up more than 20 points. 

Their defense is tough because of their pass rush. But their LBs can be exposed. Take pressure off Carr with short throws. Work the ball to Jacobs and Richard underneath and let them run. AB will get his. Probably not going to go off, but move him around in the offense and create matchup for him. 

I like the Raiders to take advantage of what is there. This defense will be tough, Fangio is a great DC but he doesn't have the talent he had in Chicago here. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Can't pass if you can't block upfront. Denver's pass rushers going against Kolton Miller and a couple backup G's doesn't bode well for Carr. And we all know who Carr is when pressured.

Fangio will have a plan for AB. They are going to be stout against the run (again 2 backup G's starting). 

What answer will Oakland have for Denvers talented WRs and RBs?

Miller did great against Chubb last year. If you don’t remember the kicker cost the Raiders the first game. The Raiders should of won both games against Denver last year .