Broncos @ Raiders Week 1 GDT

agarcia34

Waller is gonna get more then enough one on one match ups and if Denver starts playing zone. I’m interested in seeing him attack the seams. 

If Bryce Callahan is the one covering Tyrell Williams it’s jump ball all day. Callahan been mostly a slot CB his whole career if I’m not mistaken. Now has to play outside. 

On 9/3/2019 at 6:35 PM, big_palooka said:

And a rookie #4 overall pick who showed so little pass rush ability in the preseason, they were moving him inside. 

Preseason is where you get to experiment and move players around. We were planning to move Mack inside on 3rd downs to bring Key in as a situational rusher before we traded him. Does Mack suck? Or did we want to get our 4 best pass rushers on the field together? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Joe Flacco is probably the worst QB on the schedule. If we cant beat him at home, on MNF, in the last opener ever in Oakland....then yikes. This might be another 4 win season

We literally should've been game planning for this one since the end of last season. If we can't score in bunches, Jon Gruden should walk away. We have way too much fire power on offense now.

15 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Can't pass if you can't block upfront. Denver's pass rushers going against Kolton Miller and a couple backup G's doesn't bode well for Carr. And we all know who Carr is when pressured.

Fangio will have a plan for AB. They are going to be stout against the run (again 2 backup G's starting). 

What answer will Oakland have for Denvers talented WRs and RBs?

Renfrow, Williams, Waller.

15 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Anyone thinking that the Raiders will score more than 20 points against this Defense is completely drinking the koolaid. This was a good defense with Vance Joesph running things. Fangio is basically the McVay of defense. I honestly don’t trust Gruden to out coach Fangio at all. Also i don’t think this team really cares about Oakland too much. They aren’t going to play hard because it’s the last home opener or that it’s on Monday night. As a matter of fact they haven’t been successful at all on Monday night winning 2 of the last 10. The Raiders are going to lose this game, not by a lot but enough. 

You're right. Let's just forfeit the season and take the number 1 pick. No reason to try. No reason to believe. Just give up and maybe dissolve the Raiders. 

You talk like a Broncos fan.

Raiders 38 Broncos 17. Believe the hype. Buy into the hype. Seriously. 

7 hours ago, Jerry said:

You're right. Let's just forfeit the season and take the number 1 pick. No reason to try. No reason to believe. Just give up and maybe dissolve the Raiders. 

You talk like a Broncos fan.

Raiders 38 Broncos 17. Believe the hype. Buy into the hype. Seriously. 

Facts are, this offense is only as good as Carr make it. Carr struggles with pressure. Miller is still a complete unknown at LT and Tom Cable has shown no ability to coach a competent pass blocking Oline. For that reason, I can't buy the hype.

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Facts are, this offense is only as good as Carr make it. Carr struggles with pressure. Miller is still a complete unknown at LT and Tom Cable has shown no ability to coach a competent pass blocking Oline. For that reason, I can't buy the hype.

Most QBs struggle with pressure. Carr can make plays in a pinch. Many tend to over look those plays though because they are looking for the bad in him or a reason to be neg. Always makes me shake my head. Not to mention it has been a emphasis in this offense that Gruden Carr and Hudson have  been honing. 

It will be a long year that will have ups and downs. None of us KNOW how it will shake out. I just feel bad for those that sit down to watch their team they put so much time and thought into, yet have that kind of preconceived opinion instead of looking at the many reason it can be a great year. I'm not talking blind faith. I'm talking positive support.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This. 

Now im not saying i don’t believe the offense won’t be good and this team won’t win games. I do think it’s foolish to say that this totally unproven offense will drop 30+ points on a stout defense. It doesn’t matter who the raiders have at WR or RB if the line can’t block Von Miller and Bradley Chubb. 

54 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Most QBs struggle with pressure. Carr can make plays in a pinch. Many tend to over look those plays though because they are looking for the bad in him or a reason to be neg. Always makes me shake my head. Not to mention it has been a emphasis in this offense that Gruden Carr and Hudson have  been honing.

Tired of this argument. Yes, QBs struggle with pressure. But some will hang in and deliver the ball in the face of it. We've seen enough of Carr now under pressure to know his entire game breaks down. He starts hearing footsteps and doesn't want to look anywhere but underneath to get the ball out. 

This is a prove it year for Carr. He needs to show with this talent, he can lead the team and make play off schedule.