Week 1: Bengals (0-0) @ Seahawks (0-0)

ThirtyOne-EightyNine

Well it's finally here. All of our 2019 draft picks made the team, added Clowney, a year of the O-line together.

I think it comes down to coaching if we have success this season. I dont know how much faith i have in Schottenheimer and Norton.  

Looking forward to seeing the young WR and DB groups and how they do.

• Like 1

Seattle SHOULD win (home opener) but I expect some rust, lumps and struggles. Who knows how well the DL can play considering Clowney hasn't taken a snap yet this year, and LJ and Ansah are hurt/ hurting. Consistency has been Seattles struggle the last few years, so it will be interesting to see how it plays out week 1. A lot of positions (OL, WR, DL) are very thin right now, and MASH is pretty overwhelmed currently. 

Fully expect Sunday to be a tough grind, possible slog.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, animaltested said:

Seattle SHOULD win (home opener) but I expect some rust, lumps and struggles. Who knows how well the DL can play considering Clowney hasn't taken a snap yet this year, and LJ and Ansah are hurt/ hurting. Consistency has been Seattles struggle the last few years, so it will be interesting to see how it plays out week 1. A lot of positions (OL, WR, DL) are very thin right now, and MASH is pretty overwhelmed currently. 

Fully expect Sunday to be a tough grind, possible slog.

Being in Seattle is a huge plus for the Seahawks.  You make a valid point about the defensive line.  AJ Green is also scary with the way the secondary has played.  Hopefully Wilson and that running game can control the tempo of the game.

2 hours ago, ThirtyOne-EightyNine said:

Green is still in a walking boot. Even if he plays i dont know how effective he will be. Im more worried about Mixon and Bernard since we have had problems with running backs for the past 9 years.

Mixon should have a good game. Id imagine they will attack the edges considering Green, Jefferson and Jackson should see a ton of snaps on the edges (I'm assuming Ansah and Clowney are eased in, Collier doesn't play). 

Tyler Boyd might pop off. He could create real trouble for Seattles secondary.

I just dont understand the fascination with the zone read. Why our offensive line doesnt communicate pre-play. Why we play soft cover three ALL the time. And cant stop screen plays.

Lets get back to power I Formation runs. Maybe play the underneath stuff tighter once a drive? I dont know. I feel like i can call out where the Bengals are going to throw before they snap. Its just pathetic we have done the same thing since Pete got here and dont adjust according to our worse players. We dont have Earl or Kam or Sherm anymore. Start playing to the new players strengths.