WEEK 1 @ OAK TOWN

BullsandBroncos

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

It's a circus with this guy I heard building a brand but this is overkill.

Gary V has literally warped a generations minds with this brand building crap. The entitlement and addiction to social media is becoming a real problem for some of these athletes. See Lebron James.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Gary V has literally warped a generations minds with this brand building crap. The entitlement and addiction to social media is becoming a real problem for some of these athletes. See Lebron James.

I know what you're saying, but AB is unique. The guy has mental health issues, or an IQ of a 12 year old. It's not even remotely entertaining - I'm concerned for the guy.

20 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I know what you're saying, but AB is unique. The guy has mental health issues, or an IQ of a 12 year old. It's not even remotely entertaining - I'm concerned for the guy.

It's entertaining to an extent just like TMZ, or a good soapbox, or a breaking story in the news. 

It has 86 pages on the NFL news forum. If you saw an accident you'd be concerned for the people involved and offer help if you were mentally strong enough, but you'd still most likely look.

I'm concerned for AB but his situation has my attention the same way a crazy circus act would, a breaking story in the news, or trainwreck.

I'm human and I'm not gonna act above that. As for football I really think the Raiders had a great draft for building a team. The challenge for them is building a culture with the good draft with this situation looming. 

Now right on queue hes asked for his release because the raiders voided the remaining guarantees in his contract. 

Edited by thebestever6

Re: Flacco - WTF is Elway doing? We had 0 dead money for 2020-23.  Now we have 13.6M over those years.  If we want to cut him next year we are taking a 13.6M cap hit. 

Now if we don’t use the cap space it just rolls over to 2020.  So then it’s just a paper exercise to give us flexibility.   But if we use it to get stop gap depth for win now guys I’ll be livid.  

The one way to justify this is if an extension for a Shelby Harris is coming and we needed the room now to pay him bonus $ / etc.  That would be ok.    Even then most of the extra $ would roll over to 2020.  

Please let this NOT be a win-now spending spree (like Elway did with Von last year with Clinton McDonald / Tramaine Brock / Veldheer). 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1