WEEK 1 @ OAK TOWN

BullsandBroncos

10 hours ago, big_palooka said:

How you guys feeling about Flacco? Expecting a resurgence for him or more of what got him replaced in Baltimore?

Anyone who says the former is just delusional. He played behind a much better line in Baltimore and still struggled with holding the ball too long.

I think most Bronco fans are holding on to the hope that Flacco's best year production came under Gary Kubiak, and our Offense is an extension of the Kubiak/Shanahan Offense. That said, I just can't put any faith in this OL holding up in the 3rd and 5+ obvious passing situations that every team has to face in the NFL, especially with a QB who is prone to hold the ball too long.

I think he will be an upgrade on Case, but nothing that significant.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Anyone who says the former is just delusional. He played behind a much better line in Baltimore and still struggled with holding the ball too long.

I think most Bronco fans are holding on to the hope that Flacco's best year production came under Gary Kubiak, and our Offense is an extension of the Kubiak/Shanahan Offense. That said, I just can't put any faith in this OL holding up in the 3rd and 5+ obvious passing situations that every team has to face in the NFL, especially with a QB who is prone to hold the ball too long.

This is probably one of the best matchups for our OL in pass protection (DET/OAK are the only 2 bottom 5 teams in pass pressure rate by DVOA that we play this year; no one else hits the bottom 10).  I share your concern but if there is an early game where we should do ok it’s this one.  If we don’t that’s a huge red flag. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I think there are some high level classic sports narratives....guy getting a second chance with a chip on his shoulder....I don't hate it! 

But yeah the last four years Flacco has been an average at best QB so it's hard to realistically expect a good player

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I don't think he's a Raider next week tbh. I think our passing game just went from top 10 to ~20ish, and that as a whole will hurt our chances this season.

I’ll be honest, haven’t followed the whole fiasco that close. But seems like it’s bad. I wonder if you guys will need to release him because it may be hard to find trade partners for good value. 

Good on Mayock for putting his foot down. Brown has been an attention seeking brat all offseason, although I feel bad criticising him because he's genuinely displaying signs of CTE.

My respect for the Steelers hierarchy and their ability to keep this guy in check for so long is going up by the day.

If he's not playing, it's a massive deal. No way around it.

Edited by lomaxgrUK