Rams sign Jared Goff to 4-year extension

RamRod

Just wanted to eat crow for a minute. When Goff was drafted, I was 100% wrong. Completely misjudged him as a spread QB with a frail frame. Granted, I had this assumption while he was under the tutelage of Jeff Fisher who had success with Steve McNair. At the time, I wanted Wentz for his similarities to McNair. But Goff is a franchise QB and well deserving of this contract. I'm grateful he is my QB. @jrry32 Good call, sir.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Just wanted to eat crow for a minute. When Goff was drafted, I was 100% wrong. Completely misjudged him as a spread QB with a frail frame. Granted, I had this assumption while he was under the tutelage of Jeff Fisher who had success with Steve McNair. At the time, I wanted Wentz for his similarities to McNair. But Goff is a franchise QB and well deserving of this contract. I'm grateful he is my QB. @jrry32 Good call, sir.

Wentz's footwork still give me pause. Jared is everything and more you'd want in a quarterback. Excited to see him continue to grow.

A tad more than I thought, even after Wentz' deal, but not majorly different.

I am surprised its only 4 years, but it will be interesting to see the yearly breakdown, as one report said "cash in early" im wondering if they are just talking about before this offseason, or if its front loaded?

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

A tad more than I thought, even after Wentz' deal, but not majorly different.

I am surprised its only 4 years, but it will be interesting to see the yearly breakdown, as one report said "cash in early" im wondering if they are just talking about before this offseason, or if its front loaded?

It's a 4 year extension on top the of 2 years remaining on his rookie deal. So he will be a Ram for the next 6 years. Not sure if that was clear.