Jump to content
RamRod

Rams sign Jared Goff to 4-year extension

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Very curious to see the details, I'd wager it's similar to the deal Wentz signed. 

Rapoport says more than 32M per year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Rapoport says more than 32M per year

Yeah that's estimates/rumors I've seen that. But the breakdown is what's important. How much guaranteed and how are the base pays laid out is what matters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to eat crow for a minute. When Goff was drafted, I was 100% wrong. Completely misjudged him as a spread QB with a frail frame. Granted, I had this assumption while he was under the tutelage of Jeff Fisher who had success with Steve McNair. At the time, I wanted Wentz for his similarities to McNair. But Goff is a franchise QB and well deserving of this contract. I'm grateful he is my QB. @jrry32 Good call, sir.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Just wanted to eat crow for a minute. When Goff was drafted, I was 100% wrong. Completely misjudged him as a spread QB with a frail frame. Granted, I had this assumption while he was under the tutelage of Jeff Fisher who had success with Steve McNair. At the time, I wanted Wentz for his similarities to McNair. But Goff is a franchise QB and well deserving of this contract. I'm grateful he is my QB. @jrry32 Good call, sir.

Wentz's footwork still give me pause. Jared is everything and more you'd want in a quarterback. Excited to see him continue to grow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A tad more than I thought, even after Wentz' deal, but not majorly different.

I am surprised its only 4 years, but it will be interesting to see the yearly breakdown, as one report said "cash in early" im wondering if they are just talking about before this offseason, or if its front loaded?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

A tad more than I thought, even after Wentz' deal, but not majorly different.

I am surprised its only 4 years, but it will be interesting to see the yearly breakdown, as one report said "cash in early" im wondering if they are just talking about before this offseason, or if its front loaded?

It's a 4 year extension on top the of 2 years remaining on his rookie deal. So he will be a Ram for the next 6 years. Not sure if that was clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

It's a 4 year extension on top the of 2 years remaining on his rookie deal. So he will be a Ram for the next 6 years. Not sure if that was clear.

Yep, so it really is $27.5 mil per year for 6 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...