Rams Sign Goff to Four Year Extension

HTTRDynasty

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Are you purposefully ignoring what I am saying?

Take out Daks rookie year. Exclude it. 

If you look at *just* 2017 and 2018 Dak has played equal to or better than Wentz  (maybe Goff?) outside of that one 10 game stretch that our team fell apart completely. 

Are you understanding it now? There is a 10 game stretch he was bad. Its the only 10 games in his career. You can look at Year 1, or not. Year 2, or not. Year 3, or not. Outside of that 10 game stretch Dak has been as good as Wentz (And Goff? Never checked) over every other time period.  

What’s the cowgirls record vs the Rams? 

As for Goff, its laughable to even think Dak is deserving of the same contract Wentz and Goff got. He isnt on the same level as those two. The eye test shows that. Without Zeke, Dak and the Cowboys are a .500 team or worst. At least they are like 9 wins. So that means Dak isnt a 32+ mil QB. You can plug in Tua or Herbert and get that same win total if not more. Thats why I steady say if Im Dallas I would pay Cooper, Im glad they paid Zeke and I would let Dak walk and go get me Tua, Herbert, or Fromm in the draft and go from there. Im all for Dak getting paid, dont get me wrong because Im all for players getting their money if they can but from an organizational standpoint Dallas need to look at see that they can find a QB in the 2020 Draft that has potential to be better than Dak at cheaper. 

Edited by stl4life07

20 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats where you are wrong. The last 13 games both Wentz and Dak played are 95-100% exactly the same statistically. Dak had more wins, Wentz had more fumbles, but across the passing stats they are identical. 

13 is significant because thats how many games Wentz played and how many Dak played with Cooper. 

Dak was better/equal to Wentz the first 8 games of 2017. The last 13 games of 2018. There is 1 very specific stretch were Dak was significantly worse than both Goff/Wentz. Falcons '17 - start of 2018. The other ~40ish games Dak has been =/> both Wentz and Goff. Spread across all 3 years. 

This one might take the cake Matts

”I don’t over eat.... if you take out Thanksgiving, and Easter, and Christmas and New Years And Memorial Day and Fourth of July and ‘just one of those Mondays’ and Super Bowl parties and......”

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

This one might take the cake Matts

”I don’t over eat.... if you take out Thanksgiving, and Easter, and Christmas and New Years And Memorial Day and Fourth of July and ‘just one of those Mondays’ and Super Bowl parties and......”

Bro I have made the same argument for 2 years now. Dak fell apart when the team (mainly OL) fell apart around him. That happened Falcons '17. He/we didnt fully recover until we fired OL coach Alexander and traded for Cooper. Dak from that game on was terrible until early-mid 2018. 

You know thats my stance. And it is statistically verifiable that changing OL coaches and adding Cooper took Dak from a bottom 5 QB to a top 10 one (statistically). 

Edited by Matts4313

26 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats the point. The entire point of the debate.... 

The point is that an arbitrary cutoff of 15 games shows Dak is better than Goff? Cool. I think Dak is a good QB. He could end up better than Goff and Wentz. It's really tough to argue he's better right now. 

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Bro I have made the same argument for 2 years now. Dak fell apart when the team (mainly OL) fell apart around him. That happened Falcons '17. He/we didnt fully recover until we fired OL coach Alexander and traded for Cooper. Dak from that game on was terrible until early-mid 2018. 

You know thats my stance. And it is statistically verifiable that changing OL coaches and adding Cooper took Dak from a bottom 5 QB to a top 10 one (statistically). 

Oh I know

has always been silly though And a lot of it just throws out the film 

I mean I get it, but you only really do it with one side. So it kinda throws it all out. 

Love you though Mattsy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DigInBoys said:

Why always the qualifiers for Goff?

"If he didn't have a good coach"

"If he didn't have a good O Line"

Don't those things apply to ANY QB?

His accuracy and arm strength are clearly elite.

They do, it’s just the cloud he’ll likely have because how McVay coaches him.

I think had you seen Goff stand up and take over  the game in the Super Bowl when the pats severed that link, people would shut the hell up about it. And you have to hope as a Rams fan that they worked on that this offseason.

He’ll be fine

• Like 1