Rams Sign Goff to Four Year Extension

HTTRDynasty

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I'll admit, no I haven't.  But, in the games I have watched, I haven't been all that impressed.  That even includes that offensive explosion against the Vikings last season.  He was good that game, but I wouldn't say that he wowed me in the least.  He wasn't all that much improved from the game the season before when the Vikings dominated him.

As far as Mahomes, I'm in a wait and see mode on him too to a certain extent, but he showed far more in 1 year starting than I've seen from Goff in 3.  Rex Grossman was only 2 years older than Goff and in his first full year starting and made a Super Bowl too.  Let's not crown Goff as a superstar.  For all we know, he could just be Kirk Cousins re-incarnate.  And this is coming from a Vikings fan.  Kirk's a decent QB, but he ain't a top-tier QB. 

Wow. One could actually argue it was the greatest single game performance in NFL history if one really wanted to. That would be extreme, but there would be more ground to stand on for that argument than your bolded quote above.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats where you are wrong. The last 13 games both Wentz and Dak played are 95-100% exactly the same statistically. Dak had more wins, Wentz had more fumbles, but across the passing stats they are identical. 

13 is significant because thats how many games Wentz played and how many Dak played with Cooper. 

Dak was better/equal to Wentz the first 8 games of 2017. The last 13 games of 2018. There is 1 very specific stretch were Dak was significantly worse than both Goff/Wentz. Falcons '17 - start of 2018. The other ~40ish games Dak has been =/> both Wentz and Goff. Spread across all 3 years. 

Matts, you have to cherry pick "stretches" for this argument to have legs. If we look at 2018, Goff and Wentz were better. If we look at 2017, Goff and Wentz were better. If we look at 2017 and 2018, Goff and Wentz were significantly better. Your argument hinges on Dak's rookie year or eliminating 3 of Dak's starts in 2018. That's without even going to the eye test. Frankly, it's easy to see that Goff and Wentz have left Dak in the dust since Dak's far superior rookie year. But even if you want to dismiss the eye test, the stats reflect that observation.

• Like 1