Rams Sign Goff to Four Year Extension

HTTRDynasty

10 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

dYou ONLY are suppose to look at stretches. Only look at the first half of Grossman's season, not the second half. Am I doing this right? lol

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I wanted to play the excluding game so I took away all of Josh Allen's games except for when he plays Miami.

60% completion, 5 passing touchdowns, 2 rushing touchdowns & 455 yards. 

YALL IN TROUBLE DIS SEASON!

I get it. Dak had a terrible stretch and it doesnt neatly line up with season to season. So I am not arguing it it isnt cherry picking. I am just pointing out a simple fact. There was a 10 game stretch where:

1. The pressure rate our OL gave up **DOUBLED**

2. We fired 2 OL coaches because we were rated the 5th worst OL in the entire NFL at passblocking.

3. Our #1 WR was Cole Freaking Beasely 

4. Our pass catchers were rated dead last in the NFL at getting open.

The only bad stretch in Daks career was when the above was true. The other 80% of the time, he has been better or equal to Wentz and Goff. That 80% just so happens to be more games than Wentz and Goff have played in their careers. 

Edited by Matts4313

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I wanted to play the excluding game so I took away all of Josh Allen's games except for when he plays Miami.

60% completion, 5 passing touchdowns, 2 rushing touchdowns & 455 yards. 

YALL IN TROUBLE DIS SEASON!

I am playing this game but with Trubisky, but only when he plays TB.

Bring it on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

We will when the Titans win one. xD

What does a team in an entirely different conference have to do with the conversation at hand?

If this is some pathetic attempt to take a shot at my team rather than discuss the argument at hand, then all I can say is good day and god bless.

19 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The 10 games start at @falcons '17 and spill into 2018. The first half of 2017 Dak was as good or better than Wentz and Goff. 

Maybe graphs will better convey what I am saying.

syug0ba15g821.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s

You want to exclude parts of two different seasons? That's not even remotely logical. If you're excluding part of one season, you can at least argue it was due to certain factors. But trying to omit parts of two different seasons is just cherry picking.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You want to exclude parts of two different seasons? That's not even remotely logic. If you're excluding part of one season, you can at least argue it was due to certain factors. But trying to omit parts of two different seasons is just cherry picking.

I never denied it was cherry picking. But I think the reasoning has some validity to it. As I said above:

Pass catchers during that period => trash

OL during that period => Trash

Coaching during that period => Trash

Zeke during that period => Pedestrian

Dak during that period => Trash, and self admittedly developed a case of the yips. 

Edited by Matts4313

Who cares?  Neither Goff or Dak have proven to be notably better than each other.  You can argue about them all day, but both are good, yet flawed QBs who still have untapped potential.

I love how people bring up Goffs SB.  Big Ben sucked in his 1st SB appearance too and was about the same age. People said the same thing about him being "exposed" 

Not saying Jared Goff will have a similar career to Ben, but there is no way the Rams we're going to let a good 25 year old quarterback walk. Not a single team in this league would let Jared Goff walk if he were their quarterback.

• Like 1

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I never denied it was cherry picking. But I think the reasoning has some validity to it. As I said above:

Pass catchers during that period => trash

OL during that period => Trash

Coaching during that period => Trash

Zeke during that period => Pedestrian

Dak during that period => Trash, and self admittedly developed a case of the yips. 

This reasoning doesn't have a lot of validity to it when one realizes that you're still trying to count the first 9 games of 2017. What was different about the pass-catchers or coaching during that time? I agree that Dak was trash during that period, but we can't exactly pretend it didn't happen.

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Who cares?  Neither Goff or Dak have proven to be notably better than each other.  You can argue about them all day, but both are good, yet flawed QBs who still have untapped potential.

I love how people bring up Goffs SB.  Big Ben sucked in his 1st SB appearance too and was about the same age. People said the same thing about him being "exposed" 

Not saying Jared Goff will have a similar career to Ben, but there is no way the Rams we're going to let a good 25 year old quarterback walk. Not a single team in this league would let Jared Goff walk if he were their quarterback.

Yes, Goff has. Look at his production in 2018. Look at his production in 2017. Look at what the Rams' offense accomplished in 2017 and 2018. That's why we're arguing. Because Goff has proven to be better than Dak since the end of their rookie years. Dak was great as a rookie; Goff sucked as a rookie. Since then, Dak has been above average. Goff has been good to great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

This reasoning doesn't have a lot of validity to it when one realizes that you're still trying to count the first 9 games of 2017. What was different about the pass-catchers or coaching during that time? I agree that Dak was trash during that period, but we can't exactly pretend it didn't happen.

We had Tyron and Dez. Tyron got hurt and his back up gave up 8 sacks against the Falcons. You might have heard about it. 

Dez got hurt. Had a leg and back injury. The second half of the year in 2017 he was terrible. Drops, Fumbles, quitting on routes. It took a calendar year before he said he was mentally and physically recovered. 

27 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I get it. Dak had a terrible stretch and it doesnt neatly line up with season to season. So I am not arguing it it isnt cherry picking. I am just pointing out a simple fact. There was a 10 game stretch where:

1. The pressure rate our OL gave up **DOUBLED**

2. We fired 2 OL coaches because we were rated the 5th worst OL in the entire NFL at passblocking.

3. Our #1 WR was Cole Freaking Beasely 

4. Our pass catchers were rated dead last in the NFL at getting open.

The only bad stretch in Daks career was when the above was true. The other 80% of the time, he has been better or equal to Wentz and Goff. That 80% just so happens to be more games than Wentz and Goff have played in their careers. 

I understand that, and I actually like Dak, but I'm a Bears fan. We had OLs that literally were led by Roberto Garza, a guy that was at his absolute peak an average OG. He was by far the best we had for a few years. J'Marcus Webb was the swinging gate that protected Cutler, who was never a starter or even top reserve level player. We had offenses where Devin Hester was our number 1 receiver, who is well below Beasely as a WR. Cutler has serious resting b**ch face and couldn't care less what people think of him, so with all of that combined he was treated as if he the spawn of Satan himself. Outside of a few in Chicago who recognized how ridiculously inept the front office was after trading for him he was crucified even with how much was stacked against him. He was an average QB that was asked to carry a team with little help outside of a few years in Chicago. Dak is better than he was too, I completely agree with that.

Trubisky had his first year with a hobbit calling plays when said hobbit's only skill was being Gase's coffee fetching servant. Fox was the dead fish that was adamant on running into 8 man boxes and then passing on the very frequent 3rd and longs, which is a defense's dream scenario, he was still stuck with the 1970's mindset. He had Kendall Wright and Josh Bellamy as his top receivers all season who are both vastly inferior to Beasely. Wright hasn't gotten a team to find him worthy of a roster spot even for vet min and Bellamy has always been a STer who comes in and spells WRs sparingly. There is almost always more than one reason QBs do poorly, I've seen plenty of it with the Angelo and Emery messes over my time as a Bears fan. But he still gets bashed for his rookie season even though. BEars QBs before last year had all the issues you list, then when Jay had Marshall/Jeffery/Bennett/Forte he had a bottom 2 defense. Scored the 2nd most points in the NFL and went 8-8.

Dak is going to get paid, in the end it doesn't matter if he puts up numbers to win MVP or whether his stats match up with Goff, Wentz, Mahomes, or whoever. If he wins in the postseason then his deal was worth it, same for Goff. Letters are way more important than numbers.

Edited by Sugashane
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

We had Tyron and Dez. Tyron got hurt and his back up gave up 8 sacks against the Falcons. You might have heard about it. 

Dez got hurt. Had a leg and back injury. The second half of the year in 2017 he was terrible. Drops, Fumbles, quitting on routes. It took a calendar year before he said he was mentally and physically recovered. 

Tyron only missed two of the seven games you are omitting from 2017. Dez's numbers were fairly equal across the 9 games you are counting and the 7 games you are omitting. He had slightly better bulk numbers over the first 9 (very slightly) and better efficiency numbers over the final 7. Simply put, neither would come close to accounting for the disparities in play statistically. 

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Tyron only missed two of the seven games you are omitting from 2017. Dez's numbers were fairly equal across the 9 games you are counting and the 7 games you are omitting. He had slightly better bulk numbers over the first 9 (very slightly) and better efficiency numbers over the final 7. Simply put, neither would come close to accounting for the disparities in play statistically. 

Tyron didnt recover. He was physically done that year after aggravating his back.

I dont know what to tell you about Dez besides to ask literally anyone that watched him. He was dropping balls left and right. Getting out physical'd on slants and jump balls. He played horrific no matter what the stats say. 

I mean, he was cut. And he didnt resign until mid the next year. 

11 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yes, Goff has. Look at his production in 2018. Look at his production in 2017. Look at what the Rams' offense accomplished in 2017 and 2018. That's why we're arguing. Because Goff has proven to be better than Dak since the end of their rookie years. Dak was great as a rookie; Goff sucked as a rookie. Since then, Dak has been above average. Goff has been good to great.

Maybe if you just blindly look at stats and dont factor in their circumstances at all.  I'm not even saying Goff isnt better at all, just not notably better...at this point.  Time will tell.