Rams Sign Goff to Four Year Extension

HTTRDynasty

16 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

plus the benefit in not having to sign these guys right after a new CBA where the pie will be way bigger.

It took a couple of years last time the CBA was signed before the big increases hit.
They actually had to artificially boost the salary cap in Year 1 and Year 2 of the new CBA so it didn't go down

Sam_Bradford_is_once_again-0652975a2e347

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

It took a couple of years last time the CBA was signed before the big increases hit.
They actually had to artificially boost the salary cap in Year 1 and Year 2 of the new CBA so it didn't go down

Sam_Bradford_is_once_again-0652975a2e347

interesting, lumped into my thinking though is the game seems to be getting a boost with all these young QBs and the gambling side of things starting to fully be folded into things.
So we have more factors than just natural growth to look forward to. Also we have the major tv deals coming up in the next couple years.
If the NFL really wants 18 games this time they are going to have to entice players. Larger % seems the easiest way, besides franchise tag and marijuana reform.  

Signing a deal after this year would have avoided most of this too, but it's coming up. I think if they had more faith in him they would have done it longer. 

I'd actually wonder how it that would look if we had a work stoppage. Players would be able to control a lot more of the narrative with the internet than they ever could. 
Podcasts, work out videos, getting their stances out there. Would be harder to turn the public against them like the owners typically do. But that's for a different thread...

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

A year too soon. 

According to what logic?  Particularly once the Wentz domino fell, the Rams were under the gun to get the extension done this year and before any/many more QB's pushed the benchmark higher (i.e. Dak, Mahomes and Watson next year, Rivers is in line to receive an extension), most specifically Dak... you don't want to be the one getting into contract squabbles with your QB because he feels he's significantly outperformed Dak Prescott and that his contract should reflect that... after Dak's been allowed to set a new guarantee-benchmark for the position.  Better to get ahead of it.

• Like 1