Rams Sign Goff to Four Year Extension

HTTRDynasty

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

That Gurley contract is an albatross. Such a terrible contract.

The Goff one isnt so bad. Wentz got $32m that maxes at $35m w/incentives (iirc). Goff got $33.5m. That slots Dak right there with them in the $32-35m/yr range. 

Because no matter how much people will use the "Eye Test" => Dak's regular season resume is the best/most accomplished. 

Lol. The ole pick and choose stats.

Let me try. Goff has the 2 of the top 3 regular season games stats wise out of the bunch. 

Wentz has the best regular season 13 game stretch out of the bunch 

• Like 1

All I can say is when Dak & Winston end up signing extensions (yes I'm making an assumption on the latter part, but I'll plant the flag there) - the standard for a franchise QB is going to be set at a level that really promotes looking for the next big thing pretty much every other year for teams who don't have a top 5 QB.     And that's before we hit the 2021-22 offseason, when Mahomes & Watson look to set a new bar altogether (the 40M target isn't crazy if the cap goes past 200M by then).

Doesn't have to be a Day 1 pick, but Rd3+ fliers on projects will gain more appeal as time goes by with the disparity in rookie deals and 2nd contracts.   

8 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Lol. The ole pick and choose stats.

Let me try. Goff has the 2 of the top 3 regular season games stats wise out of the bunch. 

Wentz has the best regular season 13 game stretch out of the bunch 

Thats not pick and choose. I put regular season because Wentz has never played in the post season and Goff looked terrible. But if you want to include playoffs, Dak is better there too individually. 

That blew up in your face. 

33 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats not pick and choose. I put regular season because Wentz has never played in the post season and Goff looked terrible. But if you want to include playoffs, Dak is better there too individually. 

That blew up in your face. 

Lol how did Goff look terrible? He didn’t need to play well against you guys because you guys were getting ran on. No way Rams win in NO without Goff. 

His only subpar game was the SB but it’s not like the GOAT had a killer game. 

Dak has very solid leadership skills but he just isnt that good as a QB. Dude couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. His accuracy is bottom 10 in the league 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

Lol how did Goff look terrible? He didn’t need to play well against you guys because you guys were getting ran on. No way Rams win in NO without Goff. 

His only subpar game was the SB but it’s not like the GOAT had a killer game. 

Dak has very solid leadership skills but he just isnt that good as a QB. Dude couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. His accuracy is bottom 10 in the league 

Yet his completion % is really good while his WR's are ranked 32.

"Goff's a mental midget. He cant read a Dr. Suess book much less a defense."

Do you agree with that? Because thats his meme-level analysis. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yet his completion % is really good while his WR's are ranked 32.

"Goff's a mental midget. He cant read a Dr. Suess book much less a defense."

Do you agree with that? Because thats his meme-level analysis. 

I’m convinced you don’t watch Cowboys games and you just look up the stats. 

Guess the defenses your team plays are easier to read than Dr Seuss books because we keep beating y’all 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

That Gurley contract is an albatross. Such a terrible contract.

The Goff one isnt so bad. Wentz got $32m that maxes at $35m w/incentives (iirc). Goff got $33.5m. That slots Dak right there with them in the $32-35m/yr range. 

Because no matter how much people will use the "Eye Test" => Dak's regular season resume is the best/most accomplished. 

I dont remember Dak gettjng to the superbowl. 

• Like 3

Good move by the Rams.

Get their franchise QB locked up, on a nice contract that suits everybody, no questions asked. 

The Rams just get their business sorted with no dramas. Les Snead is one of the better GM's in the league for that very reason and also why the Rams are a well run organisation. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Forge said:
7 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

$110mill guaranteed for Goff is um....yea.

Pretty much in line with the last two extensions signed by quarterbacks? Wentz and Wilson got 107m guaranteed. 

Thank You Jerry for waiting on Dak who had you extended 4 months ago probably signs for 27/28 and 20M less overall in Guarantees! 👌👏👏

• Like 2