GDT Week One: Bengals @ Seahawks

TheVillain112

Who wins?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Cincinnati Bengals
    • Tie...

Couple of quotes in some Athletic articles this week that caught my eye.  I'll paraphrase:

1) One of the coaches talked about keeping 11 defensive linemen and how it was the right move for the team for Week 1.  Specifically says Week 1.  With that, along with some of the 5 man fronts we saw in the preseason makes me believe they're going to employ a lot of 5 man fronts with 1 or 2 LB's against the Seahawks.

2) Lou Anarumo says he thinks Carl Lawson is a three down player.  That's good to hear, because you can't have him on the sideline when they play teams like the Seahawks.  His power and explosion can be key in the run game too.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, theJ said:

Couple of quotes in some Athletic articles this week that caught my eye.  I'll paraphrase:

1) One of the coaches talked about keeping 11 defensive linemen and how it was the right move for the team for Week 1.  Specifically says Week 1.  With that, along with some of the 5 man fronts we saw in the preseason makes me believe they're going to employ a lot of 5 man fronts with 1 or 2 LB's against the Seahawks.

2) Lou Anarumo says he thinks Carl Lawson is a three down player.  That's good to hear, because you can't have him on the sideline when they play teams like the Seahawks.  His power and explosion can be key in the run game too.

How about this "4-3"

DL-Dunlap-Billings-Geno-Hubbard

LB Lawson-Brown-Vigil (Pratt)

If we went five DL in nickel:  Dunlap-Brown-Glascow-Geno-Lawson

Edit:  I think we drop Tupou to PS next week and sign a vet LB or claim Dakota Allen off the Rams PS.  Then Tupou replaces Nickerson on the PS the day after.

Edited by INbengalfan

4 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

How about this "4-3"

DL-Dunlap-Billings-Geno-Hubbard

LB Lawson-Brown-Vigil (Pratt)

If we went five DL in nickel:  Dunlap-Brown-Glascow-Geno-Lawson

Edit:  I think we drop Tupou to PS next week and sign a vet LB or claim Dakota Allen off the Rams PS.  Then Tupou replaces Nickerson on the PS the day after.

Yeah i think that makes a lot of sense.  Putting Lawson on the field as a "LB" gives the Seahawks some confusing looks, but gives them the personnel to go after the pass or stop the run.  

Also, i think your add/drop scenario is fairly accurate.  I would expect some sort of roster change following this game.

Only question i have is whether they plan on keeping all 11 DL active for this game or not.  Otherwise why keep them all just for this game?

Inactives probably are:

• Dolegala
  • Green
  • Perine
  • Glenn?
  • Cooper or Erickson

Then who?  All the LB's will be up.  They like Cethan Carter for ST's, and i can't see them inactivating Drew Sample.  Maybe BW Webb or Tony McCrae or Brandon Wilson, but that leaves them really thin at DB.  I guess it has to be a DL or two.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Inactives probably are:

• Dolegala
  • Green
  • Perine
  • Glenn?
  • Cooper or Erickson

Then who?  All the LB's will be up.  They like Cethan Carter for ST's, and i can't see them inactivating Drew Sample.  Maybe BW Webb or Tony McCrae or Brandon Wilson, but that leaves them really thin at DB.  I guess it has to be a DL or two.

Tony McCrae is absolutely awful.  He should be inactive...

8 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Makes a little sense i guess, in that he could back up both LG and RG if there were an injury there.  But i would imagine the more likely scenario is that he would go to C and Hopkins would kick out to guard.