TheVillain112

Who wins?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Cincinnati Bengals
    • Tie...

GAMEDAY INFO

The Bengals will travel to play the Seattle at 4:05 PM ET on CBS.  Broadcasting Crew: Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta

Matchup

• Last Matchup: 2015, Bengals win 27-24 (OT) in Cincinnati
  • 2018 Records: Seattle (10-6), Cincinnati (6-10)
  • Spread: CIN +10

KEYS TO VICTORY

• Motions, Jet Sweeps, Play Action...Anything that will buy Andy Dalton time behind the OL
  • Tyler Eifert.  The Bengals offense (and particularly Andy Dalton) is best, when Tyler Eifert is involved.  The 2015 game against Seattle came down to the wire, and Eifert had a monster game to keep us in it.
  • Unique defensive sets/formations.  Bengals only have 4 LBs on the roster, so I'm expecting some 5 man fronts and safeties playing LB to keep the Seattle offense guessing.
  • Limit the big plays on defense.  Russell Wilson and Tyler Lockett can break the game open anytime.  Let him grind it out on the ground and passes to RBs, just don't let Lockett get over the top.
  • Limit penalties.  O/U is 5 False start + Holding penalties for the OL

PREDICTION

Seattle - 27, Cincinnati - 20

"EXPERT PICKS"

TBD...

10 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

3:05 PM ET on CBS

4:05 EST, 3:05 CST.

8 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

For some reason I see Jadeveon Clowney lining up on Bobby Hart and it not going so well 

Whether he lines up over Hart or Andre, it won't go so well haha.

I don't think they're going to win - Seattle's opening day home record under Pete is just too overwhelming.  Maybe if this were a midseason game and the Bengals could catch them napping.  But not week 1.  

A victory in my mind would be winning with the spread (around -10).  Keep it close and that will be a pretty impressive opener for Taylor.

256-0  Seattle

pete Carroll is a coaching diety.  Wilson is a HOF QB.  Too many weapons.  

And we are "just" the Bengals.  

Well that's the media take.  

Keep it close.  A field goal decides it late.  Professionals don't get moral win credit, but Taylor earns some respect, and we win at home next week.

1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:

We'll just set up a 6-1-4 defense and shutdown the run. 

LDE: Carlos Dunlap
LUT: Geno Atkins
LNT: Andrew Billings
RNT: Josh Tupou
RUT: Andrew Brown
RDE: Carl Lawson/Sam Hubbard
LB: Nick Vigil
LCB: William Jackson
FS: Jessie Bates
SS: Shawn Williams
RCB: Dre Kirkpatrick

Lets Go!

• Like 2

The LBs we do have aren't bad against the run: Vigil, Evans, Pratt, and Brown.  We really need Billings to step up and own the middle against the run.  If he doesn't, then I don't mind a quick hook and getting Tupou in there.

It's Russell Wilson extending the play and the 20 penalties our OL will get that worries me...

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

But why the rehab field with a concussion?  Is there another injury?  Or just testing out the noggin?

Final stage of the concussion protocol.  I'm expecting him to be cleared tomorrow, but let's see.

Glenn appears to be in Step 4 of 5: https://www.wbur.org/news/2018/01/30/nfl-concussion-protocol-gronkowski

38 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Final stage of the concussion protocol.  I'm expecting him to be cleared tomorrow, but let's see.

Glenn appears to be in Step 4 of 5: https://www.wbur.org/news/2018/01/30/nfl-concussion-protocol-gronkowski

That is good news.  Against a different team, maybe Smith could hold his own.  But Seattle...ouch.

Maybe a 6-0-5 with no linebackers or a  5-0-6.  Could do something with 3 corners, three safeties and 5 down lineman. 

This will be a tough one to win. First game against a strong team with one of the best home field advantages in football is tough. then you consider the Bengals are not quite going to be a finished product yet.  Probably the least likely win on our schedule.