Redskins will win 12 games this year. Book it!

aceinthehouse

Don't know, but since everyone thinks KC is the best team in the league, with what we showed Monday night, we have a fair shot to at least go 11-5.  it all depends on injuries right now for us.  The offense continues to improve and damn it catches like the one Doctson didn't make in the endzone will become almost routine for him.  Cousins is balling big time the past two games, Reed should get healthier and Pryor..well I don't know about him.  Anyway as a Redskins fan I feel we have a shot, maybe not at 12-4 but certainly at 10-6 or 11-5 and a division win.  And no Eagles don't scare me at all,  can't wait to play them at their house.

Pryor is a trip.  Still holds the NFL record for longest TD run by a Qb: 93 yards.  I, a Raiders' fan, was watching on telly.  The Steelers got distracted and left him a freeway sized opening and none of the DBs could run as fast as he.  He wasn't touched once.

Not an especially good Qb though.  I said back then he should go to WR, an easy suggestion really.  Davis is a real weapon however.  Would be good to see him get more looks.  He, like Crabtree, was fortunate to escape the black hole the 49ers have become.  Crab took less money to go to Oakland.  Was tired of Kaepernick's alleged quarterbacking.  Davis was lucky to get traded to Denver.

Not sure why but I would love to see the Skins win their division.  Could happen.

*edited to add*

Well, one reason why - if the team that ran circles around your team goes on to win the SB, you can then say, "well, there you have it - they were the top dawgs." B|

• 2 weeks later...

Well, looks like we sit @3-2 with the biggest NFC matchup thus far next Monday Night.

Win=and it becomes a 2 horse race for the Division title between Philly & skins.

Lose=and Philly owns Division and skins fight to stay alive for the playoff picture, having been swept by Philly already.

gonna be tough for us, too. A bunch of injuries including Norman.

I hate to say this.....this early. But this might be the game that puts Cousins in the elite category with a WIN or in the category of "good QB from time-to-time, but can't seem to win the big important game" when it truly matters.

I've been on the fence with him & this game will tell me a lot about him.

Philly is very good and riding hot right now with Carson Wentz. I'm not even sure our Defense can slow him down.

Which means Cousins will have to match him score for score.

If he can, then you find a way to keep Cousins cause he will have the "it" factor for QB's.

You don't get rid of QB's that have...that.

But like I said, I'm not sure he does.

cause of games like last yr.

Falcons ot pick 6 loss

Carolina primetime loss with playoff implications

and most recent...the giants finale, that would have put us in the playoffs last yr with a win & a 9-6-1 record. What's he do? Has his worse game I remember.

Cousins has a LOT to prove to me next Monday Night.

@aceinthehouse 

I like Kirk more than many do, but he can throw for 6 TDs and 500 yards, and still won’t be an elite QB. The respect you (we?) want to give him won’t come until he gets it done in crunch time, meaning the playoffs. A good game and win from him would be a big step, but it won’t close the door on his “it” factor/franchise QB argument. 

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

@aceinthehouse 

I like Kirk more than many do, but he can throw for 6 TDs and 500 yards, and still won’t be an elite QB. The respect you (we?) want to give him won’t come until he gets it done in crunch time, meaning the playoffs. A good game and win from him would be a big step, but it won’t close the door on his “it” factor/franchise QB argument. 

What if he balls out in the playoffs and the defense plays like doo doo? 

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

What if he balls out in the playoffs and the defense plays like doo doo? 

Is this rhetorical? Cousins obviously can’t control the defense. 

If you’re insinuating that I’m going to discredit a good game by him because the team fails, then you ought to think again. The Packers have gone through similar struggles in the post season, Rodgers is still elite. Peyton has had a number of poor playoff performances, he was still elite. My point: one game in the middle of a season is not going to be a crowning achievement.

11 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Is this rhetorical? Cousins obviously can’t control the defense. 

If you’re insinuating that I’m going to discredit a good game by him because the team fails, then you ought to think again. The Packers have gone through similar struggles in the post season, Rodgers is still elite. Peyton has had a number of poor playoff performances, he was still elite. My point: one game in the middle of a season is not going to be a crowning achievement.

Is your response a rhetorical answer? :)

Anyways, your response wasn't clear to me, which is why I asked you if he balls out in the playoffs will he still get respect. So all he needs to do is ball out in the playoffs (guessing non garbage time) and he can sit at the cool table regardless if he the team still loses. That's fair. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived