Nex_Gen

Who wins?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Packers
    • Bears
    • TNF Is Cursed: Patriots & Steelers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2019 at 12:00 AM

Just now, DannyB said:

Did you actually watch the game though? Monty easily looked like the most dangerous runner they had.

Yeah, and Aaron Jones looked like the most dangerous runner Green Bay had for the last two years. He still got mccarthied. You just never know with coaches

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's hard to get a true buy low after one week. Also depends on how low. Montgomery went like 5 rounds higher than Matt Breida, and I'd probably rather have the latter, so I'm not selling someone like that for him. So depends on the piece you're moving. With a look though

Yeah I want an upgrade over Damien Williams. Im hoping he looks really good Week 1 against the Jags then I can unload him because I have no idea about that Chiefs backfield with Shady and Darwin. 

On 9/4/2019 at 6:12 PM, Superman(DH23) said:
On 9/4/2019 at 5:46 PM, N4L said:

I also think MT has a mixed game. Some really nice plays early, but then some really bad throws/reads later on, maybe even a fumble on a scramble that gives the packers new life with less than 5 minutes to go in the game. 

Bears 26 Packers 24

Odds of anything like that happening are incredibly low.  Even last year Mitch was just stupid good in the 4th, especially with the game in the line.  It's one of the reasons why people should be very, very worried.  When the kid just played football and didnt overthink it, he was "a stone cold killer" as Brett Kollman put it

Well, lets see here. MT threw an interception with 4 minutes to go in the game. 

The game script I posted was wrong, but I said MT would have a turnover with less than 5 minutes to go in the game. He threw an interception with 4ish minutes left. BOOK IT

"Odds of anything like that happening are incredibly low"

Yeah, super low. So low that it actually happened! "stone cold killer" is a friggen joke.

MT is a one read QB. They put the stat up there that he was 8/9 for like 70 yards when he threw the ball in under 2s. The rest of the time, he was like 0 for whatever. When his first read is open, he can make plays. When its not, he has no ability to see who else is open. There was the play early on where he was rolling left and Arobinson was open along the left sideline and he straight didnt see him. Its a joke. These kinds of guys rarely get better. If you dont have the processing power to see who is open and read defenses, you wont make it in the NFL. Thats the bottom line. Bears are going to be on the market for a QB next year. 

BOOK IT

14-2 Bears my *** 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

I mean, you said I was overreacting because I listed things that trubs doesn't do as well as Alex Smith because they happened to be things that Smith does extremely well. It wasn't like I said Trubisky didn't have Smith's arm

not gonna turn this into a debate about alex smith but he aint that accurate. ill gladly debate that with you in a separate thread if youd like. 

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

He was like a QB who played in a very big game in February last year and also led his team to 3 points.

Eh.  He was more like that QB when he played the Bears last season.

BB doesn't get near the credit he should for how poorly the Rams offense did against his defense in the SB.  It strengthens my argument that if you give Belichick 2+ weeks to prepare for an offense/scheme that he has at least a full season's worth of tape on, it's lights out, sister.  The man is just plain that good at chopping out your dominant leg on offense and then leaning on you until you collapse.

19 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

This is likely going to be a 10-6 type of game. Offenses start off slow, Thursday night games are always sloppy and gross to watch. Bears via Homefield advantage and probably a special teams TD. 

Good call. 10-3 final score. Very sloppy. Had nothing to do with thursday though, just two sloppy offenses and two good defenses 

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

not gonna turn this into a debate about alex smith but he aint that accurate. ill gladly debate that with you in a separate thread if youd like. 

Yet you quoted my post which was about Smith's decision making and line calls...

Is it weird that I'm not happily shouting that I think Trubisky blows yet? I mean, I hate the Bears, and I wish them nothing but abject failure, but I dunno...I'm not throwing in the towel on Trubisky yet.

He hasn't immediately looked like a stud, and he may never be one, but I feel like he's shown enough glimpses here and there that he may work out, with a lot more improvement. I mean there are some young QBs who you can just IMMEDIATELY tell don't have it, and never will: Jimmy Clausen, Blaine Gabbert, Eli Manning, the list goes on. But I can't say that's how I feel about Trubisky.

Again, he may never be a consistent top 5 guy, but he may be in the range between like, Stafford and Ryan, where you can certainly win with him if you have enough solid pieces around him.

Of course he may NOT be, but I think the jury is definitely still out.

5 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Did you actually watch the game though? Monty easily looked like the most dangerous runner they had.

Yes he absolutely is. He looked great. That’s kind of what I was getting at. The guy looked great. Nagy has done nothing but talk him up all offseason. Yet he gets the least touches 

Archived