Nex_Gen

Who wins?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Packers
    • Bears
    • TNF Is Cursed: Patriots & Steelers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2019 at 12:00 AM

5 hours ago, Buckweath said:

Im not a fan of Trubisky at all but he is arguably a decent QB who had a below average game tonight by his standards.

The Bears offense is unspectacular far beyond their QB. Their receiving and running back groups are at best solid.

All in all it wont be a bad offense but it's real limited. Definitly below average offense.

I’ve been saying all offseason that their group of offensive weapons is pretty mediocre, all things considered. It’s not a good thing when your offense is dependent on someone like Taylor Gabriel as a key piece. 

6 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Rodgers is still good, despite what pundits might say. Go back and look at tape.

At this point in his career, he has major 3 flaws in his game; 1) throwing the ball too early, 2) not checking down on plays when it's necessary, 3) trying to make something out of nothing when it's clearly not there, far too often.

It was a joke....

6 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Rodgers is still good, despite what pundits might say. Go back and look at tape.

At this point in his career, he has major 3 flaws in his game; 1) throwing the ball too early, 2) not checking down on plays when it's necessary, 3) trying to make something out of nothing when it's clearly not there, far too often.

Yeah, if he sort of took a bit of pressure off himself - he'd be noticeably better

8 hours ago, SkippyX said:

12 carries to 50+ drop backs in what was a 1 score game for 60 minutes.

Trubisky and Nagy both grade out as a Z-

Don't reply to any people who are defending either of them tonight.

Is anyone defending them?

I pretty much said all off season I thought they would regress as Vic Fangio brought out the most in their defense and that Mitch had inflated stats that just brought him up to almost average.

8 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

sure, he was inconsistient. he looked bad at times  but theres also times you see the talent. did not play well, needed to do much better and if he cant then the bears wont go very far. all fair. prerty much 80% of the criticism here has not been fair though.

Gonna say one thing about this - at this level of football, EVERYONE is talented. If you're the #2 pick, you're talented, that's not up for debate. If you're one of the 1,696 people on an NFL roster, you're talented. Talent isn't the question.

Consistency with that talent is what separates those who are beyond criticism and those who are criticized. At this stage in his career, Mitch Trubisky needs to be at a point where his consistency is more sustainable - yesterday tells me it's not, and it would take a VERY different performance over several weeks to dispel that belief.

He was the #2 pick in the draft, so saying "he's talented, you can see his talent" is redundant, you don't get drafted #2 without a lot of talent at your disposal. He needs to be consistent with that talent, or he's going to fail - which was the narrative last season.

A team buying a defense with 3 high priced FA acquisitions and an offense that stuggles to put up points reminds me of the 2016 Giants. Still a good win by the Packers. The Bears offense could be in trouble if Mitch doesn't improve and Nagy keeps playing cute. That 3rd and 1 play call was heinous.

It's still only a game into the season. Trubisky has plenty of time to put it all together. What I saw out there was not that he didn't have the talent to make the plays but more so lacked the confidence to do so. He seemed hesitant and unsure of himself. He's still a young QB and could pan out into a dependable starter if given the right tutelage. Just look at what McVay did for Goff. 

21 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I'm actually more concerned with their offense than defense. Trubs & company may have started the year off pretty good but was pretty pedestrian down the stretch considering the field position the defense gifted them for most of the year. I think the surprise factor of Nagy's offense took a hit by the end of the year and teams were just able to contain them better. 

Quoting myself from page 4. If I am the Bears I would be extremely worried about that offense. The OL is above average but unspectacular, skill positions are below average, QB is wildly inconsistent. If the Packers & Vikings both have defenses that are even above average it is going to be really hard for the Bears to win the division. 

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Don’t think Jacksonville would do it, but Chicago should try to acquire Fournette.

Jax did void out his guaranteed money after his suspensions, and Fournette getting cut was a talking point last off-season. It never materialized, but it was something to consider.

If Chicago wanted to be really ballsy, they'd cough up a 2nd and conditional 3rd to get Fournette and they could go with a three headed RBBC with Fournette, Montgomery and Cohen (with Trubisky as a threat to run as well). That would be a throwback offense, a "light" version of what Baltimore did successfully last season.

Trubisky wasn't good last night, and was just straight up bad towards the end of the game. However, he didn't get much help, IMO. Robinson was about the only one making plays for their offense and they didn't run the ball as much as they should. I think Nagy deserves some blame for the loss due to his  play-calling.

It doesn't look like Chicago's defense has lost a step despite the loss of Fangio, though. They were scary good and held a HOF QB to 10 points.

Archived