Christian Kirk--Trade Target?

Just Want A Title

I read that Christian Kirk is returning punts for the Arizona Cardinals.  Check out his rookie stats:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KirkCh01.htm

He had 43 receptions and averaged over 13 yards per reception last year.  This year, he is a punt returner but is listed as basically a starting #2WR:

https://www.azcardinals.com/team/depth-chart

I think this is classic case of a guy who is a quality player who doesn't fit a new system.  Danny Amendola is still solid but he isn't a long-term solution.  Marvin Jones isn't getting any younger.  Christian Kirk could be definitely fill a long-term role on our team.  I could see us moving A'Shawn Robinson or maybe even Marvin Jones in a potential deal.  Thoughts?

9 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

I read that Christian Kirk is returning punts for the Arizona Cardinals.  Check out his rookie stats:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KirkCh01.htm

He had 43 receptions and averaged over 13 yards per reception last year.  This year, he is a punt returner but is listed as basically a starting #2WR:

https://www.azcardinals.com/team/depth-chart

I think this is classic case of a guy who is a quality player who doesn't fit a new system.  Danny Amendola is still solid but he isn't a long-term solution.  Marvin Jones isn't getting any younger.  Christian Kirk could be definitely fill a long-term role on our team.  I could see us moving A'Shawn Robinson or maybe even Marvin Jones in a potential deal.  Thoughts?

Not sure he is even available but I'd swap Jones for him straight up. Ashawn would require something more coming our way.

Larry Fitzgerald is shortly on his way out. Kirk is likely going to be WR#1 in an offense that is going to regularly run 3 and 4 WR sets. I just don't see why they'd trade him.

I would have liked to see us take a run at Doctson or another guy like that. At the same time, they'd have to play special teams and its possible that Lacy brings more to the table with that included than some of these guys.

I'm interested in what role McKissic is going to play here too.

14 minutes ago, BZski said:

I was hoping the Lions would try to get Corey Davis from TEN. Just seems like he doesnt fit the offense with ground and pound and short possession type WRs (Humphries, AJ Brown)

What kind of compensation do you think Davis would garner? Maybe a 4th or a 5th?

4 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

What kind of compensation do you think Davis would garner? Maybe a 4th or a 5th?

At least a 2nd rd pick i would imagine. Probably more considering he was the #5 pick in the draft in 2017. Maybe Marvin Jones and a 4th rd pick which I would absolutely have no issue with doing.

43 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Corey Davis hasn't done squat. I wouldn't trade Marvin Jones for him straight up.

Also if he doesnt fit a ground and pound offense, why on Earth would the Lions want him

What is your take on Rashard Higgins as a potential 2020 FA candidate? I feel like Jones is on his way out soon and Amendola is probably a 1 year rental. We'll need a guy to replace MJ and a guy that can play in the slot. If Fulgham can develop, we'd still have a large hole in the slot. Higgins is a versatile guy that can play inside and out.

2 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Corey Davis hasn't done squat. I wouldn't trade Marvin Jones for him straight up.

Also if he doesnt fit a ground and pound offense, why on Earth would the Lions want him

Bevells offenses have been known for more of a deep passing game.

Run the ball at a higher frequency (which every team would like to do) and take shots deep.

Just now, detroitroar said:

Bevells offenses have been known for more of a deep passing game.

Run the ball at a higher frequency (which every team would like to do) and take shots deep.

okay so almost every offense with a crap qb tht cant run or even scare a team with versatility. or throw accurate medium routes. Ive seen game after game where a rb is like 5 yards from glassford and he throws a bullet as if theyre 30 yards away and they drop it. Jahvid Best, Kevin Smith, Reggie Bush, Bell, it goes on. Havent watched Kerryon last year cause i enjoy my sundays not watching the Lions get wrecked