Start of the 19-20 season Saints team analysis and predictions?

Canadian Saint

22 hours ago, nolaexpat said:

I think we win week 1 this year. Not because we won't start slowly but because BOB is still somehow on the Texans' sideline. Maybe the game is closer than it should be? I don't know. Every year is so different. I fully expect us to drop the next 2, though. Historically we're not great at playing west coast teams on their turf and we drew the two toughest in that division back to back on the road.

To make up for winning the first one, maybe LAR is close and then SEA shuts us out or something truly stupid so we can all wonder if the season is over for good (before we go on our usual 10-win tear...) 🤔. Anyway. Football is back! Our schedule is touch this year so 11-5 would be a huge win for us. I like 13-3 better though. 

Honestly the Rams didn't look great either.  They were handed a lot of opportunities/points by the Panthers and still didn't really put up what you would expect.  I could see us 2-1 after the first 3 games.

Much rather be 3-0. First 4 are some tough games. Texans are a pretty good team with a very subpar coach (and we start slowly, as though we've been on Bourbon for the offseason), then we have @LAR, @SEA and DAL. Just 2 seasons ago this would have been a recipe for 0-4 basically as a lock. We were good enough last year to win all 4 of these but how will we look tonight? 🤔Until proven wrong, I'm just going to believe that we can and most likely will win them all (though we'll only be favored tonight and vs DAL).

I both long for and dread 6pm. I want us to look like NE did. If I'm honest, though, I'm worried we'll look more like CAR or ATL. The line has been gradually creeping toward HOU (-6.5 for us now, was 7.5) but I still think we win it. We are the better team with the better coach. 

Houston is no joke, but we can win this.

As for the next few weeks:
The Rams looked just okay, but were also traveling cross country.
Seattle looked just okay, and probably should have lost, at home.
Dallas looked like the 2nd coming (minus the 1st drive by Eli) and have me shaking in my boots. Dak was great, Zeke was out of shape, but will be much better by the time we play them, and their receiving corps... wowzers.

3-1 would be a victory. I'm not sure who's stopping Dallas at this point. Maybe the Saints, eh?

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Houston is no joke, but we can win this.

As for the next few weeks:
The Rams looked just okay, but were also traveling cross country.
Seattle looked just okay, and probably should have lost, at home.
Dallas looked like the 2nd coming (minus the 1st drive by Eli) and have me shaking in my boots. Dak was great, Zeke was out of shape, but will be much better by the time we play them, and their receiving corps... wowzers.

3-1 would be a victory. I'm not sure who's stopping Dallas at this point. Maybe the Saints, eh?

It's the Giants.  If they didn't blow them out there would've been more questions about Dallas than the Giants.

• Like 1