Plain Ol' Mafia, IRL but on the Internet - Day 5 end 7pm EST

Dome

57 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The long game would have been to not say anything (or claim friendly other) and skate by until one of us died.

That's pretty contrary to my meta and gameplay. I thought about that though. I would have been called out for it VERY early.

Then you could have hit me if that was in your best interest.

I couldn't, because I couldn't hit ANY scum as long as ALL of you were alive. I needed one of you to go away, and then I could have hit ANYONE.

As an other, you needed us to do your dirty work and get the civ numbers down. 

Fair point, but I figured that I could do that as well with one of you gone.

The short game was putting a huge target on your back. Just my opinion. 

I 100% agree. Like @Dome said above, the strongman hit is what got me. I was 100% willing to put that target on my back since I had a 1 shot commute AND a 1 shot deathproof. I didn't know that Mafia had a 1 shot strongman, and figured that either: 

A. I would get a protect from a bodyguard, jailer, cop, etc.

or

B. I would use up my 1 shot deathproof on your team's hit and be fine to resume the rest of the game without it...maybe even discovering who another scum was and then either calling you out to the lynch and getting an automatic town clear, despite probably already having it, OR hitting a random civ power role.

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

couldn't, because I couldn't hit ANY scum as long as ALL of you were alive. I needed one of you to go away, and then I could have hit ANYONE.

I know? 

Thats what I just said.

Wait for one of us to die.. and then (after one of us is dead) you could have hit me. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I know? 

Thats what I just said.

I misread what you said, apparently, as "just get us at any time".

Wait for one of us to die.. and then (after one of us is dead) you could have hit me. 

Gotcha. I didn't see the "wait for one of us to die" part.

There were vanillas also though

Very true, but I figured I would get lynched and burn up the 1 shot deathproof, which I was more willing to use on a night move. Like I said, I'm a pretty aggressive player, so I figured I'd either lose D2/D3 (which happened LOL) or definitely win...I didn't want to lose halfway to almost all of the way into the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Very true, but I figured I would get lynched and burn up the 1 shot deathproof, which I was more willing to use on a night move. Like I said, I'm a pretty aggressive player, so I figured I'd either lose D2/D3 (which happened LOL) or definitely win...I didn't want to lose halfway to almost all of the way into the game.

Yeah, we all play different. No worries. I just know you werent on our radar at all until you pushed me. Then we had to kill you. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Yeah, we all play different. No worries. I just know you werent on our radar at all until you pushed me. Then we had to kill you. 

I knew you guys would shoot your shot, but I figured you'd wait 1 night or I'd just use up my deathproof, or more likely, draw a protect from town. I was assuming that you thought I was the cop/investigator.

I was actually more worried that Town SwAg and Town Orca would push me, so I wanted to use you (sorry LOL) to clear myself in town's eyes...I was actually more afraid of Town Day 1 and figured I'd escape a hit from you guys, making it a win/win and buy myself some serious time.