DAL signs RB Ezekiel Elliott to 6-year 90M extension 50M guaranteed

Ty21

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

His cap hit is $16.5M in ‘22 with a dead cap of over $20M. That will not be a bargain

From what I can tell, his dead cap hit that year is only 10.8 million. His base salary guarantees at a certain point (5th day of the league year). Once is guarantees they'd be under water, but they can get away from the deal before that base guarantees and save about 5.7 million in cap space. 

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

From what I can tell, his dead cap hit that year is only 10.8 million. His base salary guarantees at a certain point (5th day of the league year). Once is guarantees they'd be under water, but they can get away from the deal before that base guarantees and save about 5.7 million in cap space. 

It guarantees the 5th day of the prior league year. He’s locked in through ‘22 bar suspension

Edited by matt79511

4 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

It guarantees the 5th day of the prior league year. He’s locked in through ‘22 bar suspension

Oh, you're right. Just saw that. Ouch. And it's already guaranteed for injury. 

Do not love this structure for a running back at all. 

I'm amazed how much hate there is for the Cowboys in this thread.  I've liked their team since the 70's and wouldn't mind seeing them have some good teams again.  I think they are a pretty cool organization with a great history, although I could have done without the Herschel Walker trade. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm amazed how much hate there is for the Cowboys in this thread.  I've liked their team since the 70's and wouldn't mind seeing them have some good teams again.  I think they are a pretty cool organization with a great history, although I could have done without the Herschel Walker trade. 

Or the hail mary….

I appreciate you point of view and fans like you. It seems some folks (not necessarily in this thread) take it personally.

To stay on topic.....Overall I think both parties are getting want they want and need.

• Like 2