Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheKillerNacho

Dolphins reveal 3-4 alignment in Week 1 depth chart

Recommended Posts

https://www.miamidolphins.com/team/depth-chart

Found this interesting.

After spending most of the preseason in a 4-2-5 alignment, the official week 1 depth chart is listed in a 3-4 scheme:

Ykxqy3h.png

I assume we will still be going with five DBs most of the time to get Minkah out there on nearly every play. This makes the recent transactions of ditching Nate Orchard and Vincent Taylor make more sense, as John Jenkins is definitely more of a fit for a 3-4 scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I assume we will still be going with five DBs most of the time to get Minkah out there on nearly every play. This makes the recent transactions of ditching Nate Orchard and Vincent Taylor make more sense, as John Jenkins is definitely more of a fit for a 3-4 scheme.

This defense doesn't look half bad. I love how Jenkins cleared waivers and stepped off the plane right onto the 1st team. Dude confused me because when I looked him up after the Giants cut him, I saw the Knicks also waived a guy named John Jenkins awhile back. Was he a two-sport player in New York? Ha. 

Flores is quite good at disinformation. Never let your opponents know who is really playing where...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FinSting said:

This defense doesn't look half bad. I love how Jenkins cleared waivers and stepped off the plane right onto the 1st team. Dude confused me because when I looked him up after the Giants cut him, I saw the Knicks also waived a guy named John Jenkins awhile back. Was he a two-sport player in New York? Ha. 

Flores is quite good at disinformation. Never let your opponents know who is really playing where...

I wouldn't necessarily say that a guy who has been here less than a week and couldn't even make the Giants roster being immediately plugged as a starter is a good sign, but experience at the position is good.

I'm most excited to see how some or our high-upside question-marks play: Wilkins, Eguavon, and Charles Harris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Danger said:

Never heard of any of your LBers.

They're all young guys but I'd have thought you'd at least know Charles Harris as a 1st round pick and Raekwon McMillain as a 2nd.

Eguavoen is a CFL standout who I'm kinda excited to watch.

Jerome Baker was a 3rd round pick last year, and played well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I wouldn't necessarily say that a guy who has been here less than a week and couldn't even make the Giants roster being immediately plugged as a starter is a good sign, but experience at the position is good.

I'm most excited to see how some or our high-upside question-marks play: Wilkins, Eguavon, and Charles Harris.

Does not compute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Does not compute.

High upside in that he was initially a 1st-round pick, who is now making his first appearance as a full-time starter under a new coaching staff. If there's any chance to salvage his career, it's now or never.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

High upside in that he was initially a 1st-round pick, who is now making his first appearance as a full-time starter. If there's any chance to salvage his career, it's now or never.

I can get on board with that.  Fairly certain he will still remain a bust, but I would love to be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hrubes20 said:

I can get on board with that.  Fairly certain he will still remain a bust, but I would love to be wrong.

I'm not holding out immense hope either. But it will be something to watch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Danger said:

Never heard of any of your LBers.

Ok thanks for letting us know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Baker seems small for a 3-4 ILB

That would be Team Captain Baker to you sir. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×