Zeke Elliott TRO granted

incognito_man

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

But he's allowed to play week 1 against the Giants on primetime. That's... interesting.

I thought the same. i think it actually had to do with payroll apparently. Forget where i read it, but thats why they needed a decision by EOB. When they didn't get it, it made more sense to allow him to play  in case the decision went against them

2 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Next time maybe the players should be careful when they agree to the CBA

Yeah, thats kind of on them. They should fight harder on this next cba, and truthfully, the nfl should be more than willing to meet them on some sort of new disciplinary procedure as this hasn't been a great look for them

Well, this completely defeats the purpose of this witch hunt!  -John Mara

The Giants may be the best equipped defense to handle the Cowboys running game anyway.   Snacks is a one man run stuffing machine.  Landon Collins will live in the box and dare them to throw the ball.  Both JPP and Vernon are good against the run.  Should be another fun matchup even though much of America is sick of seeing these teams square off in prime time.

4 minutes ago, roysmyboy31 said:

I was expecting this.  I'll still say I think we will be OK as long as we go .500 in the games he misses (maybe 2-4, but that might be a stretch).

I think you need to go 3-3 or better those last 4 games are a bear (@NYG @OAK vs. SEA @PHI).  

Us facing DAL with no Zeke given how bad our run D is a huge swing.   That OL is great but make no mistake they were great in 2015 and their run game wasn't nearly as dominant.   Huge blow if no TRO is issued.  

Judge expressed displeasure at the timing of the statement (Henderson's decision was announced with 10-15 mins to go in tonight's proceedings) and seemed to indicate that Elliott had legitimate case. Also, no one is seeming to notice this but the NFL's central argument against the TRO  was that Elliott had not exhausted all options because Henderson hadn't ruled. Henderson's ruling makes their central argument moot.

Expect TRO to go through and Elliott to play all games this year.

Next year? well reading through this, the NFL has a lot to overcome here:

https://twitter.com/i/moments/903796071306055680

Archived