Zeke Elliott TRO granted

incognito_man

25 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

Did you see the multiple witness statements (including 2 off-duty cops) that stated Thompson was in a fight with another women outside a club the night in question?  Even Thompson's own friend owned up to it in her statements. 

That would be more meaningful if there wasn't proof of bruising and abuse accusations before that night.

10 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

So a 22 year old kid pulling a girls shirt up and speeding in a sports car is now considered "a laundry-list of off-season activities"?! Slow down. Were those actions immature and irresponsible, yes, absolutely. But grounds for "throwing the book at him", no. After all, he's still only a kid for christ sake. 

edit; I hope that this just the rival fan in you talking.

Don't forget he punched out a man in a bar for talking to his girl.  His admitted drug use and visit to a pot shop (meanwhile Josh Gordon is out of the NFL). His role in his accusers abortion.  The speeding.  The public exposure incident. Reports of him being disrespectful to his own fans.   All while being investigated for domestic violence.  The poor NFL investigators probably couldn't keep up. 

Boys will boys.. I guess? 

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/09/01/sex-drugs-abortion-ezekiel-elliotts-defense-might-make-look-worse

More will come out during the court proceedings, but even as it stands right now I'm not sure how anyone can root for this guy.  Let alone staunchly insist that he's innocent 

If I do any of those things I would get fired and no court would give a damn.  The NFL should be well within its right to look at his lifestyle and behavior and suspend him on the grounds that he's tarnished the leagues image.  

9 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

A simple look at the DA's press release when they decided not to move forward shows thats a load of horse crap. 

I have looked at the police case. I have looked at the NFL case. There is ZIP, ZERO, NADA there. You offer up a press release as evidence. Forgive me if I remain unconvinced.

Edit to add, since many seem disinclined to actually read the information linked in this thread:

The case against Zeke has two pieces of evidence -

• Thompson's testimony
  • Thompson's pictures

Regarding the testimony -

• EVERY witness testimony disagrees with it, including two of her friends
  • It is not internally consistent
  • EVERY investigator who spoke with her found her to be incredible as a witness
  • EVERY witness testified that she specifically threatened to "ruin" his career with this allegation

Regarding the pictures -

• The police entered them into the record and took their own. They did not do much further for reasons to follow
  • The injuries of the night the police were called are explained by a fight testified to by all witnesses and Thompson's on text messages
  • Some injuries were reported to a friend by Thompson as "the sex was rough, LOL"
  • There is video of Thompson repeatedly smashing her fist in to a car window, demonstrating ability to engage in self-destructive behavior
  • The NFL rested it's case on two medical experts examining these photographs and dating them to specific alleged incidents. One malingered to avoid testifying further. The other was presented 3 studies, an expert testimony, and her own words in her report stating that it was inherently unreliable and inaccurate to attempt to date injuries by photograph. She acknowledged that this was true.

If anyone knows of some other credible evidence, feel free to enlighten me, but the evidence that has been presented isn't evidence at all

7 minutes ago, Dirk Gently said:

I have looked at the police case. I have looked at the NFL case. There is ZIP, ZERO, NADA there. You offer up a press release as evidence. Forgive me if I remain unconvinced.

Thats not what you originally said. I dont give two craps of what you think is there or not, right now you look like the guy who will defend teh guy just caus ehe plays on your favorite team. Its an awful look. 

You claimed something and it was an outright lie. really classy.

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

That would be more meaningful if there wasn't proof of bruising and abuse accusations before that night.

see my addendum. There is no proof of the time of those bruises, nor is there proof that Elliott inflicted them. There is proof that Thompson inflicted some and the only time Elliott is tied to the injuries by Thompson outside her own (remember, not credible) statements is her text relating that "the sex was rough, LOL"

12 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Thats not what you originally said. I dont give two craps of what you think is there or not, right now you look like the guy who will defend teh guy just caus ehe plays on your favorite team. Its an awful look. 

Where did I lie? If you go back and look I edited to detail exactly what I was talking about. The entire case is faulty.

And to hell with you and your high horse.

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

The bruises, her statements about their origin, and the expert testimony

Obviously, one of the dates she claims abuse is not credible, but a couple do seem credible. It really only leaves us with two possible causes:

1. Another dude was abusing her, and she decided ahead of time to set Zeke up for it; or

2. Zeke laid hands on her.

One just doesn't seem plausible enough to me. I think your best argument for mitigating two is that she was physically assaulting him, and that's why he laid hands on her (grabbed her causing bruises). But again, that seems more like a justification you come up after the fact than the most likely scenario.

Again

• Her statements are incredible
  • Her own phone records attribute injuries to rough sex
  • There is video of her inflicting injury to herself
  • The expert testimony was completely demolished on cross examination

This is all public record

For the record, what I'd like to have seen the NFL do is say, "the evidence that Elliott committed domestic violence is inconsistent, but there has been a pattern of behavior detrimental to the league here. Four games." That is true, demonstrable, and appropriate. And, I think, ultimately better for Zeke as I do think that the young man needs a wake up call.

But the NFL has done the exact opposite, elevating a smoldering dumpster to the level of "credible evidence" and then lit it full on fire with the farce of an arbitration process. In fact the worst thing about the way the NFL has handled this is that their railroading gives Elliott a built in excuse, whatever the ultimate outcome of the suit.  He can now tell himself (with the approval of a federal judge) that the suspension is about things other than his behavior and he is less likely to rein any of it in

But what do I know? I'm just a lying homer who will defend him at all costs, right?

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

He looks like the guy who is way more informed on this than you are. That's what he looks like.

1 hour ago, Dirk Gently said:

For the record, what I'd like to have seen the NFL do is say, "the evidence that Elliott committed domestic violence is inconsistent, but there has been a pattern of behavior detrimental to the league here. Four games." That is true, demonstrable, and appropriate. And, I think, ultimately better for Zeke as I do think that the young man needs a wake up call.

But the NFL has done the exact opposite, elevating a smoldering dumpster to the level of "credible evidence" and then lit it full on fire with the farce of an arbitration process. In fact the worst thing about the way the NFL has handled this is that their railroading gives Elliott a built in excuse, whatever the ultimate outcome of the suit.  He can now tell himself (with the approval of a federal judge) that the suspension is about things other than his behavior and he is less likely to rein any of it in

But what do I know? I'm just a lying homer who will defend him at all costs, right?

I think this is a perfect take. Well stated.

3 hours ago, Gmen said:

Don't forget he punched out a man in a bar for talking to his girl.  His admitted drug use and visit to a pot shop (meanwhile Josh Gordon is out of the NFL). His role in his accusers abortion.  The speeding.  The public exposure incident. Reports of him being disrespectful to his own fans.   All while being investigated for domestic violence.  The poor NFL investigators probably couldn't keep up. 

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/09/01/sex-drugs-abortion-ezekiel-elliotts-defense-might-make-look-worse

More will come out during the court proceedings, but even as it stands right now I'm not sure how anyone can root for this guy.  Let alone staunchly insist that he's innocent 

If I do any of those things I would get fired and no court would give a damn.  The NFL should be well within its right to look at his lifestyle and behavior and suspend him on the grounds that he's tarnished the leagues image.  

I'll also add the Zeke isn't "a kid". He's a grown man. He is also a marquee employee of a billion dollar entity and is one of the faces of that company. 

People calling a 22YO, 6'0/225lbs, guy ..."a kid"... leads me to one question:

How big are the adults where you live?

I'll add this: I can't wait for the case to go to court. Then more discovery happens and like the link you posted said, Zeke could get embarrassed further. 

3 hours ago, Gmen said:

Now your just exaggerating the truth and are really reaching at this point. which can be easily pointed out just by the simple fact that you obviously haven't even read the exact article that you posted in an attempt to make your own point. Lets see...

3 hours ago, Gmen said:

Don't forget he punched out a man in a bar for talking to his girl.

You're really reaching on this one lol. When did this happen? Have you read the reports at all or are you just wanting to believe this just out of shear prejudice? It sounds like the latter to me

3 hours ago, Gmen said:

His admitted drug use

He admitted to using drugs in college. Okay. Forgive me if i'm not shocked that a kid used drugs in college...

3 hours ago, Gmen said:

visit to a pot shop

LOL. Someone recorded him at a legal weed shop where he didn't buy anything......okay.

3 hours ago, Gmen said:

His role in his accusers abortion.

I'm not gonna get into this topic on this forum.

3 hours ago, Gmen said:

The speeding

He was caught speeding. Okay. He's a kid. I travel alot and see this on a regular basis on the turnpike and state highways. 

3 hours ago, Gmen said:

The public exposure incident.

I already addressed this.

3 hours ago, Gmen said:

Reports of him being disrespectful to his own fans

You're part of the reason why TMZ exists....

Bottomline. Has he shown poor judgment? Yes. Should he be suspended for a few games per the conduct policy? Yes. But again, he's still just a kid.  

11 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'll also add the Zeke isn't "a kid". He's a grown man. He is also a marquee employee of a billion dollar entity and is one of the faces of that company. 

People calling a 22YO, 6'0/225lbs, guy ..."a kid"... leads me to one question:

How big are the adults where you live?

You must be a young kid yourself because it's usually kids in this same age group that are the quickest ones to say "he's over 18, he's an adult". When in actuality that's far from the truth.

And using size to determine whether a person is a grown man or not is a very poor way of judging such. My 16 year old is 5'10, 190. FYI. 

Archived