Zeke Elliott TRO granted

incognito_man

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You must be a young kid yourself because it's usually kids in this same age group that are the quickest ones to say "he's over 18, he's an adult". When in actuality that's far from the truth.

And using size to determine whether a person is a grown man or not is a very poor way of judging such. My 16 year old is 5'10, 190. FYI. 

Far from the truth?

Ok, let's play a game.

True or False? The age of adulthood (legally an adult) in this country is 18.

True or False? Zeke is over 18.

Furthermore, notice the age description I put in addition to his size? I'm clearly referencing a man, not a boy, with that age reference.

And yes, I was about the same size as your boy when I was 17. 

Oh, and BTW...Im 48. Old enough to not treat grown men as kids. If you want to pretend a man is a boy, that's your right. But dont expect me to participate in that fantasy. Its past time we stop infantilizing our young men, IMHO

7 hours ago, Dirk Gently said:

Again

• Her statements are incredible
  • Her own phone records attribute injuries to rough sex
  • There is video of her inflicting injury to herself
  • The expert testimony was completely demolished on cross examination

This is all public record

I've read the public record. I am happy to link the NFL investigation report and the transcript to the arbitration hearing before Henderson if you'd like to review them again.(I've also read the texts) Her own phone records accuse Zeke of abuse (while also providing pictures of bruises) before the couple days of really shady behavior. You wouldn't happen to be a Cowboys fan, right? It seems like you're only considering the evidence you believe exonerates him.

6 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Far from the truth?

Ok, let's play a game.

True or False? The age of adulthood (legally an adult) in this country is 18.

True or False? Zeke is over 18.

Furthermore, notice the age description I put in addition to his size? I'm clearly referencing a man, not a boy, with that age reference.

And yes, I was about the same size as your boy when I was 17. 

Oh, and BTW...Im 48. Old enough to not treat grown men as kids. If you want to pretend a man is a boy, that's your right. But dont expect me to participate in that fantasy. Its past time we stop infantilizing our young men, IMHO

Turning 18 and becoming an adult 'legally' is not grounds for actually becoming a grown up. Brain maturity and how it processes information does not work like that, especially in regards to the pfc part of the brain. It's a process. Some take longer than others, but it's a process nonetheless and certainly not something that is done overnight as it appears like you're suggesting that it does. 

So your telling me you believe that a persons brain development and maturation process is completed and just magically happens on thier 18th birthday? I stroingly disagree. And so do the majority of neuropsychologists.

Look at it like this. Why are we having this conversation to begin with? Because of Zeke's poor decision making, correct? Here is a snippet from wiki about the PFC and what it pertains to. Now read this and tell me that it's not at all possible that his brain is still developing?

This brain region has been implicated in planning complex cognitive behavior, personality expression, decision making, and moderating social behavior. The basic activity of this brain region is considered to be orchestration of thoughts and actions in accordance with internal goals.

According to recent findings, the human brain does not reach full maturity until at least the mid-20s. (See J. Giedd in References.) The specific changes that follow young adulthood are not yet well studied, but it is known that they involve increased myelination and continued adding and pruning of neurons. As a number of researchers have put it, "the rental car companies have it right." The brain isn't fully mature at 16, when we are allowed to drive, or at 18, when we are allowed to vote, or at 21, when we are allowed to drink, but closer to 25, when we are allowed to rent a car.

Old enough to not treat grown men as kids

Treating them like a kid is not the same as being understanding of the situation and giving them the benefit of the doubt when it's caused for. Two big differences here. 

Its past time we stop infantilizing our young men, IMHO

I agree wholeheartedly, and this is not what I'm doing here in Zeke's case either. Trust me, my wife and I have had this discussion many times over the last 20 years about her 'babying' our kids and her inability to let go. 

But I digress. As it seems like our opinions on this matter are too far apart for either of us to ever really agree on.

13 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

If we can't steer this discussion back to football quickly, its going to get locked up.

Consider this the one and only reminder for this thread, we've given this topic lots of chances.

I don't understand this. Yes, legalities and even psychology has been discussed, but in relation to this player and this case which is football related. No one has resulted to name calling, there has been no trolling or baiting just a very solid discussion back and forth looking at this situation from a number of angles which involves the NFL, NFLPA, CBA, Dallas Cowboys and precedents for future situations. Why would a thread like this get locked? 

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

No one has resulted to name calling, there has been no trolling or baiting just a very solid discussion back and forth

I see multiple example of trolling and personal attacks that have nothing to do with football in the last two pages, I didn't make that post for no reason. 

Even if we ignore the trolling and personal attacks, this still isn't a thread to discuss what may or may not have caused bruising, what age boys are supposed to become men or other random discussions that have nothing to do with the NFL, Elliot or the Cowboys. These topics might not be against forum rules on their own but they are fringe discussions that many posters can't handle in a civil way, it's why we try to steer the discussion back to football early and often. Simply being able to tie a discussion back to a football player doesn't make it football discussion.

If you have specific questions about what posts are or aren't allowed, shoot me or another mod a PM. 

22 minutes ago, lancerman said:

One way or the other Zeke misses 6 games 

The NFL really wants his suspension to happen this year.  I don't know if that happens.  I mean, the lack of ability to reasonably defend himself seems much more glaring than the Brady case and that got delayed a year.  

If I had to bet, he gets a six game suspension at the start of next season, but the NFL has really botched this at just about every turn.  The statements of the Mazzant were pretty scathing and I highly doubt he grants the stay.  And if it goes to the Court of Appeals, you're looking at a suspension next year more than likely.

16 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

The NFL really wants his suspension to happen this year.  I don't know if that happens.  I mean, the lack of ability to reasonably defend himself seems much more glaring than the Brady case and that got delayed a year.  

If I had to bet, he gets a six game suspension at the start of next season, but the NFL has really botched this at just about every turn.  The statements of the Mazzant were pretty scathing and I highly doubt he grants the stay.  And if it goes to the Court of Appeals, you're looking at a suspension next year more than likely.

It got delayed due to the nfl not appealing for an extended period of time.

3 hours ago, iothar said:

It got delayed due to the nfl not appealing for an extended period of time.

Brady's suspension got overturned in court Sept. 3.  Sept. 25 was when the NFL appealed, but they asked for an expedited briefing schedule which the NFLPA consented to in order to speed things up.  If Zeke's team doesn't consent, the average amount of time it takes for this particular court to get to a case is 8.8 months.

So I don't think it will be much of a difference.

“The NFL’s latest legal maneuvering appears to be indicative of a league with an agenda: Trying to navigate a public relations crisis rather than focus on fairness and fact finding,” lawyers Frank Salzano and Scott Rosenblum said in a statement.

Well duh...the court of public opinion is what fuels the revenue for the NFL and that's what they are hell-bent on protecting. All of the legal wrangling misses that point completely. Zeke embarrassed the League, the League reacts to that embarrassment.

The issue of his legal guilt / innocence is secondary to keeping that gravy train rolling. The Image is what they sell and the Image is what they protect by any and every means available.  Its also why the players earn multi-millions - because of the carefully crafted Image that appeals to advertisers

On 9/9/2017 at 0:29 PM, Thaiphoon said:

I'll also add the Zeke isn't "a kid". He's a grown man. He is also a marquee employee of a billion dollar entity and is one of the faces of that company. 

People calling a 22YO, 6'0/225lbs, guy ..."a kid"... leads me to one question:

How big are the adults where you live?

I'll add this: I can't wait for the case to go to court. Then more discovery happens and like the link you posted said, Zeke could get embarrassed further. 

Theres a 6'0 300# kind on my sons football team. He just turned 10 in August.

Archived