Succop to IR, we signed Cairo Santos

deeluxx3

Being the optimist that I am.....

Succop wasn't always automatic ya know.  He missed a couple of extra points and FGs you'd expect someone to make. Thinking about the Jets game and Cowboys game in particular. 
AND.....

Santos beat out Succop in KC. 

AND....

He will likely comeback at some point in the season.....

:)

22 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Being the optimist that I am.....

Succop wasn't always automatic ya know.  He missed a couple of extra points and FGs you'd expect someone to make. Thinking about the Jets game and Cowboys game in particular. 
AND.....

Santos beat out Succop in KC. 

AND....

He will likely comeback at some point in the season.....

:)

Santos also missed a few kicks on opening day that year when Succop didn’t miss any that day 

Any who it just sucks to have an injury like this on the Wednesday before the opener but Santos isn’t a bum he should be fine but with kickers you just never know.

Succop also missed a gimme FG vs the Jags last year in a game no TDs were scored and we only won by 3 so Succop as you pointed out isn’t always automatic 

I just hope Santos comes in and makes the make able kicks that’s all I ask 

Since coming here, Succop has hit 86.4%(91.3% inside of 50) of his kicks, and while it's noted leg strength isn't his forte, he's 11/19 from 50+ since coming here, which isn't terrible. Santos has only hit above a mark of 86.4% once in his career, and is worse from 50+ at 7/14.

Maybe we get lucky and Santos just happens to turn it around here, but acting like this isn't a significant downgrade is some serious sugar coating.

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Since coming here, Succop has hit 86.4%(91.3% inside of 50) of his kicks, and while it's noted leg strength isn't his forte, he's 11/19 from 50+ since coming here, which isn't terrible. Santos has only hit above a mark of 86.4% once in his career, and is worse from 50+ at 7/14.

Maybe we get lucky and Santos just happens to turn it around here, but acting like this isn't a significant downgrade is some serious sugar coating.

Hoping so.

Traditionally, we haven't had bad luck with kickers and punters. We've been the Colts of the kicking game. We normally just roll into a new sturdy and reliable leg.

(Hentrich to Kern/Del Greco to Nedney to Gary Anderson to Bironas to Succop).