Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
deeluxx3

Succop to IR, we signed Cairo Santos

Recommended Posts

the way we've handled this is gonna cost us a game at some point, i can feel it in my bones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the way we've handled this is gonna cost us a game at some point, i can feel it in my bones

...if we're lucky.  If not, it costs us a couple games and the playoffs.  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Santos was very good up until he got hurt in 2017.  He went from 83% in 2014 to 81% in 2015 to 87% in 2016, and was perfect in 2017 (FGs 3/3, XP 12/12) before he was IR'ed and cut. 

His 84.8% accuracy in KC (4 years) is higher than Succop's 83.6% during his time in KC (5 years). Santos was also 7/12 from 50+, which is about 6% higher than Succop in KC.  I'm not sure if its more difficult to kick in KC than Nashville, although I do know it's significantly colder in KC, especially in Nov/Dec. 

Cairo had an off year last year, maybe lingering effects from the injury in '17?  And he really wasn't bad in LA those few weeks filling in for Zeurlein... as he was 5/6 in FGs and still had a 63.2 kickoff distance average.  The last few games in Tampa though... 75% on FGs and 59.9 on KO's... both numbers way below his career averages. 

I'm hoping for a bounce back to his 16/17 KC form.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

So just gotta make it through 8 weeks with Santos I guess.

 

That would leave potentially Simmons and Santos eligible for return?  We still get 2 players we can bring back from the IR, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

 

That would leave potentially Simmons and Santos eligible for return?  We still get 2 players we can bring back from the IR, right?

simmons is on PUP, no? i was under the impression that was distinct from IR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not super worried about it.  Santos should be fine.  If anything, it should force Arthur Smith to play less conservatively, and with the new additions to the receiving corps (including Brown, who looks like he should be a pretty good possession guy, and Humphries, who can do well with short yards) and Derrick Henry, that might make our offense less reliant on field goals all the damn  time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 3:41 PM, ragevsuall17 said:

Santos was very good up until he got hurt in 2017.  He went from 83% in 2014 to 81% in 2015 to 87% in 2016, and was perfect in 2017 (FGs 3/3, XP 12/12) before he was IR'ed and cut. 

His 84.8% accuracy in KC (4 years) is higher than Succop's 83.6% during his time in KC (5 years). Santos was also 7/12 from 50+, which is about 6% higher than Succop in KC.  I'm not sure if its more difficult to kick in KC than Nashville, although I do know it's significantly colder in KC, especially in Nov/Dec. 

Cairo had an off year last year, maybe lingering effects from the injury in '17?  And he really wasn't bad in LA those few weeks filling in for Zeurlein... as he was 5/6 in FGs and still had a 63.2 kickoff distance average.  The last few games in Tampa though... 75% on FGs and 59.9 on KO's... both numbers way below his career averages. 

I'm hoping for a bounce back to his 16/17 KC form.

Cool.  You always make me feel better, rage.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 5:34 PM, -Hope- said:

simmons is on PUP, no? i was under the impression that was distinct from IR

Youre right, not on IR... He's in the NFI list... Almost identical to the PUP... He's out for at least the first 6 weeks... Can't practice while he's designated, etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bummer. I saw we worked out Cody freaking parkey before we signed Santos... SOOO it could be worse lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 week in and I look like a mo'fin' prophet! 

It would suck for Succop to lose his job to Santos... But it's hopefully the position Santos puts us in... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

1 week in and I look like a mo'fin' prophet! 

It would suck for Succop to lose his job to Santos... But it's hopefully the position Santos puts us in... 

If Santos is kicking well, I think you stick with him. Would be brutal for Succop, but why take the risk that he doesn't come back all the way from injury? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

1 week in and I look like a mo'fin' prophet! 

It would suck for Succop to lose his job to Santos... But it's hopefully the position Santos puts us in... 

 

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

If Santos is kicking well, I think you stick with him. Would be brutal for Succop, but why take the risk that he doesn't come back all the way from injury? 

I mean, I think in that situation you float the idea of trading one.  If one can net you a draft pick or another player you could use, then that could be an easy tiebreaker.

Apparently teams are giving up draft picks for kickers now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daniel said:

 

I mean, I think in that situation you float the idea of trading one.  If one can net you a draft pick or another player you could use, then that could be an easy tiebreaker.

Apparently teams are giving up draft picks for kickers now.

Right. That is something I mentioned earlier. I don't know if the trade deadline will pass by time Succop is able to come back.

But there are a few teams desperate for a dependable kicker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×