Matt Stafford

BZski

29 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

I feel like you might be trolling bringing up college considering we're comparing NFL players who are 31 years of age.

I feel you obviously do not watch football players develop their entire career, congrats on that.  Might get a little different perspective if you actually did.  

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I feel you obviously do not watch football players develop their entire career, congrats on that.  Might get a little different perspective if you actually did.  

Agree to disagree on the arm talent argument then. Let's not derail the thread.

10 hours ago, BZski said:

If anything those stats show how close Stafford is to Rodgers (also considering Stafford missed all of 2010) and Rodgers being on much better teams. That being said, there is NO DOUBT Rodgers is a great talent but he is 36, more fragile, terrible leader. Going forward say the next 5 years I would say give me Stafford that is all.

I just mentioned that Rodgers may be the most overrated QB of all time because there are some fans that say he is the best QB to ever play and is much better than Brady which I think is INSANE....Its not even close!

Purely as a QB, Rodgers is better than Brady, there are actually those that better than Brady as just going off of being a QB.  Now when you add in team achievements etc, it's hard to make an argument over Brady.  Peyton Manning and Rodgers are both that I would easily say purely as a QB I'd rate over Brady.

Matthew Stafford isn't particularly clutch. Last three years in the 4th quarter when it's a 1 score game (leading or trailing)

2018:

CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG TD INT LNG SACK RTG ATT YDS AVG TD LNG
29 43 304 67.4 7.1 2 2 38 4 83.9 2 -3 -1.5 0 -1

2017:

51 89 656 57.3 7.4 4 2 45 5 86.2 6 9 1.5 0 11

2016:

63 97 760 64.9 7.8 4 3 66 9 89.7 13 40 3.1 1 15

13 hours ago, Raves said:

Purely as a QB, Rodgers is better than Brady, there are actually those that better than Brady as just going off of being a QB.  Now when you add in team achievements etc, it's hard to make an argument over Brady.  Peyton Manning and Rodgers are both that I would easily say purely as a QB I'd rate over Brady.

Then you are one of the lunatics! Even if you stated Rodgers has more physical talent then Brady (I would agree) but as a QB its not even close. Brady is a waaaaaaay better QB. Better leader, better in game adjustments, more clutch. I think Manning is great, but physically he is not close to Brady.

On 9/5/2019 at 12:48 PM, BZski said:

If anything those stats show how close Stafford is to Rodgers (also considering Stafford missed all of 2010) and Rodgers being on much better teams. That being said, there is NO DOUBT Rodgers is a great talent but he is 36, more fragile, terrible leader. Going forward say the next 5 years I would say give me Stafford that is all.

I just mentioned that Rodgers may be the most overrated QB of all time because there are some fans that say he is the best QB to ever play and is much better than Brady which I think is INSANE....Its not even close!

At his peak, Rodgers was definitely trending that way as the best QB ever.  However, the last few years he simply hasn't been near as good as he was during his peak years.  He used to be the best QB in the league, now I see him as more of a top 5-7 guy, who is much less magical than he was in the past.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 6:44 AM, fortdetroit said:

At his peak, Rodgers was definitely trending that way as the best QB ever.  However, the last few years he simply hasn't been near as good as he was during his peak years.  He used to be the best QB in the league, now I see him as more of a top 5-7 guy, who is much less magical than he was in the past.

This take is logical and fact based. We need more heat! ;)

On 13.9.2019 at 1:44 PM, fortdetroit said:

Reasonable.