Week 1 GDT: Houston Texans @ New Orleans Saints

amazingandre

8 hours ago, Apollo Stallion said:

My heart says Texans win in a shootout, my head says Texans manage to scrape to a late 4th quarter lead only to watch Brees march em down for a 2 minute drill clinic. 

Try 47 seconds, and huge yards given up by Romeo...

I feel like I respect BOB a bit more even though we lost (blaming early season D and Romeo on that one mostly). Duke and Hyde were great pick ups and I like that he shipped out Davenport and Rankin in trades rather than straight up cutting them. Makes me think that maybe he didn't have much say in personnel/draft beforehand. Run game looked so much better (and I'm really glad I called us getting Hyde and I just hope he continues to look good). 

We play a lot of good teams this year so we'll see how things sort out. But for now, I'm giving props to OB for forcing these personnel changes while at the same time getting bad players off the field. 

Also the D basically looked exactly the same as previous years except Kamera made some big plays that Clowney would have stopped or hindered. It was good to see Merc out there making plays again. Wish we could have kept clowney this year but glad to see that it didn't change the D all that much in the end.

Watching the game now on the DVR since I had to work and right off the bat you notice how lackluster the defensive play calling is. On one play I noticed the Saints run an inside slant with their Dline allowing Demario Davis to come around the edge unscathed for a sack and there's nothing the tackle can really do because his duties have shifted to the interior to account for that man. Here we are running vanilla 4 man rushes and when the blitz did come once on the Saints first 2 drives it was so obvious that it came from up the middle.

It seems Crennel is our very own Carmelo Anthony. He thinks he's still one of the best in the game and doesn't realize it has evolved and his skillset is no longer a strength. Here he is pulling up for middies and everyone else is playing 3 & D. RAC is a horrible defensive coordinator my guys. His philosophy is antiquated and he refuses to make any adjustments. 

• Like 1