The Official Thread of Penn State University

Utley

1 hour ago, Danger said:

We forget that we lost back to back games that were both winnable at home against MSU and OSU?

No, i dont forget that. I dont forget they almost lost to Indiana App State, and Iowa. Yes I can play the almost card too.

Supposedly he is a great recruiter but this oline and defense are not at the level they need to be imo. We could do worse than Franklin, but I feel we are as good as we will ever be under him.

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Supposedly he is a great recruiter but this oline and defense are not at the level they need to be imo. We could do worse than Franklin, but I feel we are as good as we will ever be under him.

And I feel like that's the problem. He's had years to fix the O-Line, and it's still just getting manhandled against a team with any real talent.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

And I feel like that's the problem. He's had years to fix the O-Line, and it's still just getting manhandled against a team with any real talent.

Thats pretty much my point. Thats why i feel he is underachieving but maybe its better to say he is achieving the most he is capable of.

16 hours ago, Texasmade said:

Question. What's the deal with Manny Bowen? We're desperately in the need of LB's, and he seems to be the best available transfer on the market, and has been in contact with our staff. I know he's had some off the field issues, but were those more of the mundane knucklehead college kid variety, or is he a major turd? 

A gigantic turd.

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

y'all are have won 9 games. not too shabby.

It's not about the wins, it's about how sloppy this team looks every god dang week. Like they're always unprepared. Same mistakes week in and week out. Never seems like they're improvement or adaption.

Galiano the special teams coordinator should be left in Orlando and find his own way home. He has been an utter disaster as the “10th coach.” 

I’m also officially on the fire Limegrover bandwagon. The OL is all 4 stars with at least a year of starting experience and they make tons of mental errors, can’t handle basic stunts, have no blitz recognition, and just look like absolute crap.

Edited by BigD88

51 minutes ago, BigD88 said:

I’m also officially on the fire Limegrover bandwagon. The OL is all 4 stars with at least a year of starting experience and they make tons of mental errors, can’t handle basic stunts, have no blitz recognition, and just look like absolute crap.

That's a good start. 

My biggest concern at this point is why does even McSorely look like he's taken a massive step backwards this season.

28 minutes ago, Danger said:

That's a good start. 

My biggest concern at this point is why does even McSorely look like he's taken a massive step backwards this season.

He sheen injured badly and not just the knee against Iowa. 

He injured his throwing shoulder during the OSU game. An injured plant leg and throwing shoulder isn’t exactly a good combo.