The Official Thread of Penn State University

Utley

Good win.

Dont really want to be negative following a decent performance, but Clifford's accuracy is so bad.      Even passes he completes tend to seem off.   On routine short throws, our receivers have to quickly adjust to make up for his inaccuracy.   His ball placement is just horrendous aside from the occasional really nice deep pass.

I still like him more than Hackenberg.   Not that he is better, but he isnt much worse and doesnt get a ton of undeserved praise and excuses made for him like Hack did.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 43M said:

Good win.

Dont really want to be negative following a decent performance, but Clifford's accuracy is so bad.      Even passes he completes tend to seem off.   On routine short throws, our receivers have to quickly adjust to make up for his inaccuracy.   His ball placement is just horrendous aside from the occasional really nice deep pass.

I still like him more than Hackenberg.   Not that he is better, but he isnt much worse and doesnt get a ton of undeserved praise and excuses made for him like Hack did.

IMO, Clifford is just Hackenberg with a bit of mobility. Maybe Roberson will be alright next year, but right now my hopes are with the commit of Drew Allar to be our next real guy in a few years.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Danger said:

Going to give credit where credit is due. 

Clifford looked much better tonight aside from one wide throw to the flat.

Big issue I had was the offensive line getting any sort of push or space for the backs to move in short yardage situations.

I agree.   That was the best Clifford ever looked IMO.  

Jahan Dotson is a beast.

Our OLine doesnt help, but Noah Cain is one of the weaker starting RBs Penn State has had in awhile....now watch him tear it up the rest of the season.  😉

My biggest complaint about the game was the officiating.   Some of the calls, especially early on were laughably bad.    That intentional grounding call early on was just....wow.

21 minutes ago, 43M said:

I agree.   That was the best Clifford ever looked IMO.  

Jahan Dotson is a beast.

Our OLine doesnt help, but Noah Cain is one of the weaker starting RBs Penn State has had in awhile....now watch him tear it up the rest of the season.  😉

My biggest complaint about the game was the officiating.   Some of the calls, especially early on were laughably bad.    That intentional grounding call early on was just....wow.

Honestly think Keyvone Lee should be the #1 in this offense.