The Official Thread of Penn State University

Utley

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Man. As much as Clifford struggles at times, next year is probably going to suck at QB. I have zero confidence in Roberson.

Drew Allar 2k23

Drew Allar 2022.   Roberson is awful.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Danger said:

Good god, I can't wait for Allar.

Yeah...Clifford is trash.   I expected a game like this eventually.   Usually happens with mediocre QBs.

That being said, I kind of hope Franklin goes to USC.     I get he isnt terrible and you can certainly do worse, but I feel he is pretty damn overrated.    This team never really takes any major steps forward under him.     Only thing we'll miss is his recruiting, but even that isnt overly special.     No idea who Id look to replace him, though.

• Like 1

I can’t put this on Clifford.

Hes clearly badly injured and just can barely move out there. The Sean Clifford we had this season until 15 days ago wins this game by at least 4 scores.

EDIT: But yeah, I can’t wait for Allan either.

Edited by BigD88

7 hours ago, BigD88 said:

I can’t put this on Clifford.

Hes clearly badly injured and just can barely move out there. The Sean Clifford we had this season until 15 days ago wins this game by at least 4 scores.

EDIT: But yeah, I can’t wait for Allan either.

I may have been a little harsh calling him trash considering the circumstances, but he is the type of QB that will typically have a game or two like this each year, healthy or not.   He will play at a subpar level against a inferior  team and allow them to stick around and eventually win.  

In fairness to Clifford, our running game hasnt helped him much all year.

And I still think Clifford is better than Hackenberg....but Clifford will go undrafted, while Hack was drafted in the 2nd round.

Sorry....that will never not blow my mind.

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

What is the consensus with Franklin amongst fans? Stay? It's okay if he goes? 

Indifference? Especially depending on who he comes in.

Frankly my only concern would be losing some of our current top recruits like Allar, Singleton, Saunders, or Dennis-Sutton

• 4 weeks later...