The Official Thread of Penn State University

Utley

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Good God this team needed a new coach so bad.

2 turnovers in 2 possessions, a failed 4th down conversion, missed FG, missed XP. Keep the weather excuse. This dude can't coach a win.

And we just resigned him to a 10 year deal worth big money.

Strap in folks.... It's gonna be a long ride.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Danger said:

But but but...he's a good recruiter!!!!

Im not shocked they kept him, but I cant believe they extended him so long.    Well...yes I can.  Penn State is run by Neanderthals.

In some fairness to Franklin, this is probably on the bottom half of talented teams he has had during his tenure, and most of the games we lost were very very close.    A moderately better OLine and more consistent QB play and this team wouldve like finished with 10 or 11 wins.

4 hours ago, 43M said:

But but but...he's a good recruiter!!!!

Im not shocked they kept him, but I cant believe they extended him so long.    Well...yes I can.  Penn State is run by Neanderthals.

In some fairness to Franklin, this is probably on the bottom half of talented teams he has had during his tenure, and most of the games we lost were very very close.    A moderately better OLine and more consistent QB play and this team wouldve like finished with 10 or 11 wins.

So long as we don't thinking marching TaQuan Roberson out there next year, I'll still be able to enjoy watching this team.

Roberson should transfer to the FCS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

So tell me about Brent Pry? He's the latest hot name in the VT coaching search. 

Very good, but not elite DC IMO. Tends to get a lot out of his pass rushers and front 7. Secondary can be hit or miss. Good mentality to be a HC if you ask me. Not sure how much he's involved with recruiting. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 8:01 PM, Danger said:

At least the College Playoff will probably expand since all these SEC teams will want to get in with their 3 losses a year.
Can feel way better about being in a lot of seasons before they lose to someone they shouldn't / lose to all the good B1G TEN teams / maybe another baffling loss in there for fun.

It's such a limbo state. 

38 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Gotta say, I enjoyed that Brent Pry press conference. Seems like a very good fit here. I can easily see why you all liked him. 

Have you all heard any rumors of guys he might be taking with him? It's bee a tight lip on our end.

Haven't heard anything of the sort yet. Though if I was Pry and was going to hire from within I'd probably look towards our RB Coach Ja'Juan Seider who has a huge hand in the recruiting process, or the WR Coach Taylor Stubblefield who has been coaching here the past two years, when Dotson's had his most success and we've had two Freshman WRs make into the starting lineup in the last two seasons between WRs Parker Washington and KeAndre Lambert-Smith.

Don't know who he'd take defensively.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Haven't heard anything of the sort yet. Though if I was Pry and was going to hire from within I'd probably look towards our RB Coach Ja'Juan Seider who has a huge hand in the recruiting process, or the WR Coach Taylor Stubblefield who has been coaching here the past two years, when Dotson's had his most success and we've had two Freshman WRs make into the starting lineup in the last two seasons between WRs Parker Washington and KeAndre Lambert-Smith.

Don't know who he'd take defensively.

Not gonna lie, we need a new WR coach bad. 

• 2 weeks later...

Two pieces of noteworthy news.

We hired ex Miami HC to be our defensive coordinator. 

Sean Clifford making use of the extra year of eligibility granted to all players by the NCAA due to COVID and coming back for a sixth season next year.

Definitely could've been worse DC hires.

Clifford coming back makes a smooth transition to Allar after Allar likely redshirts in season 1. Allar is also enrolling early, so he'll be at about a year and a half on campus when his time is likely to come.

On 12/11/2021 at 11:20 AM, Danger said:

Two pieces of noteworthy news.

We hired ex Miami HC to be our defensive coordinator. 

Sean Clifford making use of the extra year of eligibility granted to all players by the NCAA due to COVID and coming back for a sixth season next year.

Definitely could've been worse DC hires.

Clifford coming back makes a smooth transition to Allar after Allar likely redshirts in season 1. Allar is also enrolling early, so he'll be at about a year and a half on campus when his time is likely to come.

They better not just hand the job to Clifford.   Although they probably will because Franklin has no balls.