The Official Thread of Penn State University

Utley

1 hour ago, 43M said:

They better not just hand the job to Clifford.   Although they probably will because Franklin has no balls.

Roberson entered the portal. If I'm being completely honest, Clifford gives us the best chance to win next season most likely.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Roberson entered the portal. If I'm being completely honest, Clifford gives us the best chance to win next season most likely.

Perhaps...but the running game better be dramatically improved, and the defense cant fall off too much...otherwise we are just in for a repeat of this season.

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Perhaps...but the running game better be dramatically improved, and the defense cant fall off too much...otherwise we are just in for a repeat of this season.

At the very least, I think we'll realize that Keyvone Lee is the better option to Noah Cain. Cain just hasn't looked the same since he injured himself early last season.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/32496588/before-jerry-sandusky-penn-state-football-had-another-serial-sexual-predator-untold-story-crimes-fight-bring-justice

Reading this article during lunch, and I'm absolutely stunned by some of the information that came out that I had never known before.

Great journalism and a terribly sad story. I wasn’t familiar with Irv Pankey but that was really neat seeing how he was one of the few people choosing to go against the program (in a way) by supporting a victim. Horrific culture of that program and sadly I feel a number of these university stories could be buried across the country during that time period. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NateDawg said:
22 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/32496588/before-jerry-sandusky-penn-state-football-had-another-serial-sexual-predator-untold-story-crimes-fight-bring-justice

Reading this article during lunch, and I'm absolutely stunned by some of the information that came out that I had never known before.

Great journalism and a terribly sad story. I wasn’t familiar with Irv Pankey but that was really neat seeing how he was one of the few people choosing to go against the program (in a way) by supporting a victim. Horrific culture of that program and sadly I feel a number of these university stories could be buried across the country during that time period. 

It took me 4 sittings to get through it. This is one of the worst things I've ever read. Pankey is a legit stand up dude and what a great story in the midst of one of the most awful things you could ever see/heard/imagine.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Nice win, but this is only a 7 or 8 win team.   

Running game still a joke.

Defense should eventually be good, but needs time to grow.

Allar should start over Clifford, but its fine because this line and defense arent where they need to be this year to be competitive with better teams.  Clifford had a decent stat line, but he is still a painfully mediocre QB.

Franklin continues to be one of the most laughably overrated coaches in college football.   Good recruiter....not a good football coach.

4 minutes ago, 43M said:

Allar should start over Clifford, but its fine because this line and defense arent where they need to be this year to be competitive with better teams.  Clifford had a decent stat line, but he is still a painfully mediocre QB.

Franklin continues to be one of the most laughably overrated coaches in college football.   Good recruiter....not a good football coach.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up. If we finish this year ranked, I'll be stoked.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, its crazy how much better this team looks since week 1.   I know we haven't faced much competition, but the team still looks legit right now.    Still dont see us standing with Michigan or Ohio State, but 10 wins is certainly realistic if they keep playing like this.     As much as Ive ripped Clifford, this is as good as he has ever looked.   Allar and Singleton could be special in 23 and 24.     

1 minute ago, 43M said:

Well, its crazy how much better this team looks since week 1.   I know we haven't faced much competition, but the team still looks legit right now.    Still dont see us standing with Michigan or Ohio State, but 10 wins is certainly realistic if they keep playing like this.     As much as Ive ripped Clifford, this is as good as he has ever looked.   Allar and Singleton could be special in 23 and 24.     

Allar already looks better at reading the field and throwing an accurate pass with velocity effortlessly than Clifford ever has.