The Official Thread of Penn State University

Utley

Hamilton supposedly had a great camp, so we'll see how he responds this week. Maybe rain + the first game of the season was a factor for him.  Although last year he had the yips for a long time until the B1G championship game basically. 

Either way, onto atonement this Saturday finally.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Danger said:

Not gonna lie, for as good as the team is, there ain't much to talk about right now. It feels like pre-season TBH

Supposed to be a good recruiting weekend this Saturday. 

Not much to talk about with an upcoming game against Georgia State... it is interesting how it's a night game though. 

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Danger said:

After seeing Michigan play tonight with O'Korn at Quarterback, I'm far less worried about them. Obviously he and they will play better than they did tonight, but it's not a game I see being a nail biter.

Not turning the ball over 5 times will probably be a good start for Michigan (also, halfway decent playing conditions wouldn't hurt).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Danger said:

After seeing Michigan play tonight with O'Korn at Quarterback, I'm far less worried about them. Obviously he and they will play better than they did tonight, but it's not a game I see being a nail biter.

Really?

They played in a torrential with a new starter at the most important position.

Dont get me wrong, I didnt think Michigan looked all that great even before Speight went down and thought they looked pretty beatable, but you cant go off tonight, especially seeing as it was a Michigan State team that seems to have their number, and Penn State is a team that regularly struggles to beat Michigan.

I absolutely think it will still be a nail biter....but I do think our chances have improved since I think OKorn will continue to have his struggles.  

Edited by FourThreeMafia
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

So after dropping Dorian Hardy we have just 3 more scholarships to give right?

What should we be hoping for? Micah Parsons, Solomon Ennis, and Rasheed Walker?

Still don't have any space. Team would take commitments from two of Smith, Oweh, Parsons. Walker may have had the door crack slightly because of Hardy, but it's not for sure.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

Still don't have any space. Team would take commitments from two of Smith, Oweh, Parsons. Walker may have had the door crack slightly because of Hardy, but it's not for sure.

I don't understand why we don't have the space to do so? 22 Commits, but you get 25 scholarships per class? As for Parsons, Smith, and Oweh, how do you think they all shake out?

Edited by Danger

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't understand why we don't have the space to do so? 22 Commits, but you get 25 scholarships per class? As for Parsons, Smith, and Oweh, how do you think they all shake out?

We're up against the 85. I'd say Smith and Parsons end up here.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Frustrating loss, but the secondary was awful in isolation vs. OSU's passing game in the second half. 

Second half reasons for loss:

• Pass D concerns
  • Barkley contained
  • McSorley not equipped physically to win games with his arm

Not saying Columbus is where our season ended by any stretch, but we now must bounce back much like OSU did after blowing a game they should've won vs. OU due to a poor second half performance.

We can't fall behind in games and rely on Trace to win. Love him, but I'm not breaking news here.

7 hours ago, Purple-Pride07 said:

Frustrating loss, but the secondary was awful in isolation vs. OSU's passing game in the second half. 

Second half reasons for loss:

• Pass D concerns
  • Barkley contained
  • McSorley not equipped physically to win games with his arm

Not saying Columbus is where our season ended by any stretch, but we now must bounce back much like OSU did after blowing a game they should've won vs. OU due to a poor second half performance.

We can't fall behind in games and rely on Trace to win. Love him, but I'm not breaking news here.

I think offensive concerns can be traced to the o-line.