The Official Thread of Penn State University

Utley

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Jesse Luketa is going to be an absolute star on Penn State, might even over take Parsons and looks to be a shade ahead of him I feel based on his spring game performance.  Two super talented linebackers for Penn State, that is for sure.

Yeah, no. He’s similar to Cabinda. Will be a good starter, but not fast enough to be a star. Parsons isn’t a Mike long term anyways.

59 minutes ago, Utley said:

Yeah, no. He’s similar to Cabinda. Will be a good starter, but not fast enough to be a star. Parsons isn’t a Mike long term anyways.

And you are basing this off of what exactly?  Watch him for a few minutes and one should easily realize he is more athletic and faster than Cabinda, is already as a freshman just as physically developed as Cabinda was as a senior arguably.   Kid shows a ton of potential I feel and should prove it this up coming year.  And Cabinda is solid player who should make the Raiders this year most likely.  Sure Luketa could end up being a Dan Connor type, highly productive in college yet never really was successful in the NFL but come on, the kid still has not played a down yet, and again I feel has worlds of potential.  

12 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

And you are basing this off of what exactly?  Watch him for a few minutes and one should easily realize he is more athletic and faster than Cabinda, is already as a freshman just as physically developed as Cabinda was as a senior arguably.   Kid shows a ton of potential I feel and should prove it this up coming year.  And Cabinda is solid player who should make the Raiders this year most likely.  Sure Luketa could end up being a Dan Connor type, highly productive in college yet never really was successful in the NFL but come on, the kid still has not played a down yet, and again I feel has worlds of potential.  

How slow he is and how heavy his feet are. That’s what I’m basing it off of. And he’s not just as physically developed. There’s a reason he had to lose weight when he got on campus.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

So what does Parsons project more as long term a DE or an OLB? He seems tall enough to add some weight if need be. I feel like ideal for him is a 3-4 Edge rusher, but that's never been our system.

He's a DE here, but you're right about him being ideal as an EDGE.

On 7/27/2018 at 12:23 AM, Danger said:

So what does Parsons project more as long term a DE or an OLB? He seems tall enough to add some weight if need be. I feel like ideal for him is a 3-4 Edge rusher, but that's never been our system.

Probably a DE in our defense but could see him playing outside in the NFL.

We could also get creative in how we use him depending how he fills out the next couple years/ 

• 3 weeks later...