2018 Steelers Mock Draft

DR43

Not sure if it is too early or too late with this but here is mock draft for next offseason.

1. Mason Rudolph, QB Oklahoma St

2. Royce Freeman, RB Oregon

3. Damon Webb, Safety Ohio St

5. Josey Jewell, ILB Iowa

5. Marcus Baugh, TE Ohio St

7. Ross Pierschbacher, OG Alabama

8 minutes ago, DR43 said:

Not sure if it is too early or too late with this but here is mock draft for next offseason.

1. Mason Rudolph, QB Oklahoma St

2. Royce Freeman, RB Oregon

3. Damon Webb, Safety Ohio St

5. Josey Jewell, ILB Iowa

5. Marcus Baugh, TE Ohio St

7. Ross Pierschbacher, OG Alabama

I like Dobbs so I'll pass on Rudolph.

I love Bell. I like Connors and Watson so I'll pass on Freeman.

I don't know Webb but I'll pass since we just traded for a 25 yr old stud and we have an up and coming Davis along with Mitchell. 

Jewell I like but I'll pass.

Don't know Baugh.

Ross isn't needed.

This draft is confusing as you drafted everything that we drafted this season. I'll counter yours with mine. Be back in a second while I go get my guys lol

RD1. Christian Wilkins DL 6'3 310: Power. Quickness. Technique. Strong hands. Motor. Tenacity. Swag.

RD2. Anthony Averett  CB 6' 185: Solid cover guy. Man or Zone capable. Willing tackler. Almost an eraser at times. QBs look the other way.

RD3.  Ronnie Harrison SS ^'1 214: Pounder. Smart. Can play single high or box. Has nice range. Plays with a nastiness. Swag. Leader.

RD5. Fred Warner MLB 6'3 227: Stud. Speed. Power. Motor. Coverage. Blitz. Passionate. 

RD5. Troy Fumagali TE 6'5 248: Competitor. Swag. Tough guy. Great hands. Good body control. Weapon. Great blocker.

RD7. Janarian Grant KR/WR 5'9 176: Speed. Quickness. Swag. Tough. Great vision. 

I admit this was tougher than I thought lol

Way way way too early for this.

Not knocking you, but we have no idea whats going to happen with Haden, Bell, Tuitt, Ben, etc.....and on top of that, draft projection status will change for most of these players.

All I know is that, aside from maybe WR, OLine and OLB/pass rusher, we could conceivably take any position in the first round.

QB...Ben will likely retire in the next 2-3 years.

RB...Bell might be on his way out.

TE...obvious.

DLine....Tuitt could be gone (really hope not) and Hargrave might not be the answer at NT.

MLB....Vince Williams isnt a long term starter.

CB....How good will Haden be?   If he isnt that good, CB will definitely be a 1st round need.  

S...arguably our biggest need unless JJ Wilcox proves to be good.

And even the positions I mentioned could be considered....

WR....Bryant gets in trouble again or is a disappointment this year.  Doubtful, but not impossible.

OLine -  Very doubtful unless they want to upgrade Foster, which isnt a huge need by any means.

OLB -  What if Dupree sucks and Harrison retires?    

So much is going to change, which is why I never really like mock drafts this early.   

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Way way way too early for this.

Not knocking you, but we have no idea whats going to happen with Haden, Bell, Tuitt, Ben, etc.....and on top of that, draft projection status will change for most of these players.

All I know is that, aside from maybe WR, OLine and OLB/pass rusher, we could conceivably take any position in the first round.

QB...Ben will likely retire in the next 2-3 years.

RB...Bell might be on his way out.

TE...obvious.

DLine....Tuitt could be gone (really hope not) and Hargrave might not be the answer at NT.

MLB....Vince Williams isnt a long term starter.

CB....How good will Haden be?   If he isnt that good, CB will definitely be a 1st round need.  

S...arguably our biggest need unless JJ Wilcox proves to be good.

And even the positions I mentioned could be considered....

WR....Bryant gets in trouble again or is a disappointment this year.  Doubtful, but not impossible.

OLine -  Very doubtful unless they want to upgrade Foster, which isnt a huge need by any means.

OLB -  What if Dupree sucks and Harrison retires?    

So much is going to change, which is why I never really like mock drafts this early.   

Don't forget, North Korea could invade... that would change everything.  B|    

I keed.  It is a bit early to contemplate where the chips will fall before next year's draft, but this place IS called Footballs Future so I guess it's never TOO early to speculate.  My biggest needs for 2018 would be OLB, ILB, S, TE and very possibly QB if the right one falls.  Don't see OL as much of a need, nor DL.  Surprised to hear you questioning Hargrave.  And I would be SHOCKED if Tuitt was not resigned.

3 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

Don't forget, North Korea could invade... that would change everything.  B|    

I keed.  It is a bit early to contemplate where the chips will fall before next year's draft, but this place IS called Footballs Future so I guess it's never TOO early to speculate.  My biggest needs for 2018 would be OLB, ILB, S, TE and very possibly QB if the right one falls.  Don't see OL as much of a need, nor DL.  Surprised to hear you questioning Hargrave.  And I would be SHOCKED if Tuitt was not resigned.

I can agree with pretty much all of that.

Hargrave still has alot to prove.  He had issues at times last year, but he was rookie.   Either way, I doubt NT will be a top 5 need next year, but Im not sold on him yet.

I think Tuitt will be resigned.  Its not 100% though.

The Steelers don't have a 4 next year?  Where did that go?  I remember they traded a 6 recently for someone lol.  

As for the draft, QB in 1 is a good option if he's a stud.  I'm not a Dobbs fan by any means.  

RB in 2?  No thanks.  Not unless it's unreal value AND Bell is gone for sure.

I love The Outlaw Josey Jewell.  That guy is a smart, high motor baller that has solid range and athleticism.  At the very least a core STer I think.  More of a 2nd to 3rd round talent than a 5th.  

I wasn't impressed with Baugh, and didn't notice Webb much in the Ohio State game.  Don't know the rest too well yet.

21 minutes ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

The Steelers don't have a 4 next year?  Where did that go?  I remember they traded a 6 recently for someone lol.  

We traded our 4th to the 49ers for Vance McDonald and their 5th.

7 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

We traded our 4th to the 49ers for Vance McDonald and their 5th.

Ah ok.  Thanks.  So a 4 for McDonald and a 5,  Watkins and a 2019 7 for a 6, and then that 6 for a S are the recent trades?  Way too much action for me to keep up on lately lol.  

5 minutes ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

Ah ok.  Thanks.  So a 4 for McDonald and a 5,  Watkins and a 2019 7 for a 6, and then that 6 for a S are the recent trades?  Way too much action for me to keep up on lately lol.  

Definitely more than we are used to, Ill give you that.

I think we did pretty well with the trades though.   Even if Vance McDonald and JJ Wilcox arent great for us, they will still likely be worth what we gave up for them.  Sammie Coates is the only one that COULD potentially be the mistake, but we gave up essentially a 5th WR who was on the bubble and a 6th rounder for depth at 2 positions we desperately needed depth at.....and its conceivable that both Wilcox and Vance McDonalds could eventually be starters at some point during the season, where as Coates wouldve been lucky to see 5 snaps a game.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I think we did pretty well with the trades though.   Even if Vance McDonald and JJ Wilcox arent great for us, they will still likely be worth what we gave up for them.  Sammie Coates is the only one that COULD potentially be the mistake, but we gave up essentially a 5th WR who was on the bubble and a 6th rounder for depth at 2 positions we desperately needed depth at.....and its conceivable that both Wilcox and Vance McDonalds could eventually be starters at some point during the season, where as Coates wouldve been lucky to see 5 snaps a game.

I like the moves.  Nothing real fancy, but it's pretty likely that, as you said, those guys will contribute more than a mid-late pick would have, and it is immediate help.  If Ben is really going to retire, this is the time to go all-in.  I'm still trying to decide if it's worth spending $1250 or so to go to a game in Pittsburgh this year by the time you factor in hotel, flight and game ticket (if I'm going, I'm getting a good seat and I see $500 or so is what they'll be going for in the lower level around 50 yard line).  I want to, but that's a lot of money.  But if Ben does retire, and the Steelers aren't worth spending any money on for a long time, I'll be regretting it lol.

9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I can agree with pretty much all of that.

Hargrave still has alot to prove.  He had issues at times last year, but he was rookie.   Either way, I doubt NT will be a top 5 need next year, but Im not sold on him yet.

I think Tuitt will be resigned.  Its not 100% though.

Looks like Tuitt gets done before the season.  That is great news.  Hargrave wasn't perfect but compared to what we've had in years past since Hampton, I thought he was well above the line - especially for a rookie.  I expect really good things from him this year.   IF the 3 can stay healthy up front, they should dominate.  

11 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

And they just find another receiver next year with that 5th from Cleveland, its a decent spot for a non-priority value pick.

Archived