Redskins vs Eagles Gameday Thread - Week 1 (9/8/19)

MKnight82

26-16 Eagles. 

The Redskins will move the ball okay, but they’ll settle for FGs after sacks and stuffed runs stall drives out inside the 30. 

The game will be pretty close throughout, but the Eagles will seal it with a long clock-melting 4th quarter drive that ends with a FG at about the 4-5 minute mark. 

• Like 1

Thus starts are most surprising Super Bowl run since 1982!...

Then, I woke up! Haha 

I'm with Thai on this one, 0-1.

I don't think our OL will have much luck controlling the Eagles DL. I thinks Kennum is going to be running for his life. The success we have on offense will be on the ground and in the short passing game to our TEs, CT and Trey Quinn. I hope we run some screens/quick hitters to CT, PRich, McLaurin and Quinn. Each of these players can take a short pass and get a lot of yac and even take it to the house, they all have speed and return ability. Put the ball in their hands quick, often and in a hurry and let them do the work for the passing game & offense! 

I expect Djax to tourch the slow Norman like he did in 2015 or 16 when Djax played for us and Norman was with the Panthers. 

I think that Ertz tourches our linebackers and safeties like he does every team. I think we do well in stopping the Eagles running game bc of our DL, Bostic and our safeties run defense.

Bottom line, DJax is going to burn our secondary like from 08-13 unless we get pressure on Wentz. We don't have one DB who can check DJax by themselves. You can't double him bc you can't take the focus away from Ertz, Jeffery, Sproles and Agolar either. Only way to win is our DL & OLbs must dominate their OL which is hard to do, but possible.

That being said, I see a long day for us and more apathy amongst the Redskins fan base bc of it. The Haskins era can't come soon enough boys!

24-13 Eagles

Edited by turtle28