Redskins vs Eagles Gameday Thread - Week 1 (9/8/19)

MKnight82

I know I'm one of the few, but I am interested to watch a healthy speedy PRich & the speedy rookie McLaurin together this year. The Redskins have a lot of speed at WR, and good route runners. Not sure what will happen but they could shock people.

It probably won't happen that they are good bc we can't have nice things, but the potential is there for each of them to make a lot of plays w/ their speed and for Quinn to be effective in the slot bc of his quickness.

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

we can't have nice things

Ain't it the truth . We sign Smith ( not that he was much of a nice thing BUT, breaks his leg ) We sign PRich-breaks his shoulder. Guice we draft- tears his ACL. Doctson #1 pick had heel tendinitis for 4 years , the list goes on. I guess we're just NFL typical but seems worse since it's our team . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Ain't it the truth . We sign Smith ( not that he was much of a nice thing BUT, breaks his leg ) We sign PRich-breaks his shoulder. Guice we draft- tears his ACL. Doctson #1 pick had heel tendinitis for 4 years , the list goes on. I guess we're just NFL typical but seems worse since it's our team . 

When you talk about Alex Smith and compare the amount of guaranteed money they gave him, to the amount of it that Kirk Cousins got, it's really a negligible amount.  So add him onto the "can't have nice things" list either.  Bruce Allen blunders are abound, but he is no closer to being let go.  

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I know I'm one of the few, but I am interested to watch a healthy speedy PRich & the speedy rookie McLaurin together this year. The Redskins have a lot of speed at WR, and good route runners. Not sure what will happen but they could shock people.

It probably won't happen that they are good bc we can't have nice things, but the potential is there for each of them to make a lot of plays w/ their speed and for Quinn to be effective in the slot bc of his quickness.

Your post hedging recently has been quite a turn. Still the optimistic outlook, but adding in the "but it's us" because history.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Your post hedging recently has been quite a turn. Still the optimistic outlook, but adding in the "but it's us" because history.

I like certain parts of our team but I don’t think overall we’ll have a good season. I do like the youth we have, but they’re young so bc of that I don’t expect too much this year.

I think as long as we keep Scherff and have another good draft that in 2020 or 2021 we will have a playoff team.

My outlook for the season is not great; however, our Defense will be a lot better than most are recognizing. I think Collins, a healthy Nicholson, and Bostic will push this unit into top 5 (even with Norman's abysmal coverage under Manusky's scheme). Add the following to the mix:

1) Wentz - bit rusty due to injury

2) Phi RBs - unproven 

If we can make this game one dimensional, I could see an inter-division upset (despite Phil being all around, much better). 

Wash -20

Phil -17

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I like certain parts of our team but I don’t think overall we’ll have a good season. I do like the youth we have, but they’re young so bc of that I don’t expect too much this year.

I think as long as we keep Scherff and have another good draft that in 2020 or 2021 we will have a playoff team.

We're always "next year", one draft ,, or two drafts away ..  o.O

12 hours ago, e16bball said:

The Redskins will move the ball okay, but they’ll settle for FGs after sacks and stuffed runs stall drives out inside the 30. 

Don't forget the stupid penalties. I expect at least three holding calls on Flowers, probably a false start or two as well.

1 hour ago, ovfd55 said:

My Head says it isn't likely UVA and Redskins win on same week end so Desean prob burns us early for a big play and we struggle on O trying to play from behind.

Since I'm not in any fantasy leagues(*) this year for the first time in forever, I only have to pay attention to two teams.

Not counting on there being many weekends where I'm happy on both Saturday and Sunday.

(*) There's a dark horse possibility I sign my son up for one because he wants to play badly. Keep forgetting to do that though and really running out of runway.

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

My outlook for the season is not great; however, our Defense will be a lot better than most are recognizing. I think Collins, a healthy Nicholson, and Bostic will push this unit into top 5 (even with Norman's abysmal coverage under Manusky's scheme). Add the following to the mix:

2) Phi RBs - unproven 

? Sanders sure. What's wrong/unproven about Sproles and Howard?