Redskins vs Eagles Gameday Thread - Week 1 (9/8/19)

MKnight82

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

? Sanders sure. What's wrong/unproven about Sproles and Howard?

I say this because Howard didn't look like his former self in Matt Nagy's offense last year. As both Pederson and Nagy are from the same coaching tree -  Andy Reid - his fit feels a bit unproven. Also, add in the fact they attempted to trade him this week to the Chargers. My comment didn't really apply to Sproles (he is old - was an afterthought).

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

My outlook for the season is not great; however, our Defense will be a lot better than most are recognizing. I think Collins, a healthy Nicholson, and Bostic will push this unit into top 5 (even with Norman's abysmal coverage under Manusky's scheme). Add the following to the mix:

1) Wentz - bit rusty due to injury

2) Phi RBs - unproven 

If we can make this game one dimensional, I could see an inter-division upset (despite Phil being all around, much better). 

Wash -20

Phil -17

Philly has Jordan Howard now, Corey Clement is back from his injury - he was great in their super bowl run two years ago in place of Sproles on 3rd downs - and  they still have Darren Sproles as a 3rd down back. They also drafted Miles Sanders in the draft who is a combination of a power back and a scat  back.

They’re loaded at running back and have four running backs with different skills sets who are great at what they need them to do. Their RB depth chart is arguably as good as ours.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

We're always "next year", one draft ,, or two drafts away ..  o.O

Because sadly it usually true. We’re usually heading in the right direction but then our front office screws something up with the chemistry we’ve built on our team and then we don’t take the next step.

I know you didn’t like our former starter we had from 2015-2017, but we were heading in the right direction back then. If we had kept DJax or Garçon in 2017 add that to the last 3 drafts we’ve had and our offense wouldn’t be much of a question mark and this defense would be looking strong as well.

But, we don’t have that QB anymore or one of those WRs, so we have question marks all over our passing offense now which we didn’t have from 2015-2017.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

Redskins wipe the floor of Philly 34-9

Wentz isn't the same post 2 injuries

Our team is healthier

Our team is faster

Our defense is a Juggernaut

And we tend to play them better at Philly vs at home.

Or running game is the best in the league.

If we can get on top early, which we struggled with last year?

We're gonna shock the pundits week 1.

I say we get at least 5 sacks this game.

At least 3 forced turnovers

We're taking wk-1 fellas.

1-0

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Redskins wipe the floor of Philly 34-9

Wentz isn't the same post 2 injuries

Our team is healthier

Our team is faster

Our defense is a Juggernaut

And we tend to play them better at Philly vs at home.

Or running game is the best in the league.

If we can get on top early, which we struggled with last year?

We're gonna shock the pundits week 1.

I say we get at least 5 sacks this game.

At least 3 forced turnovers

We're taking wk-1 fellas.

1-0

tenor.gif

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Because sadly it usually true. We’re usually heading in the right direction but then our front office screws something up with the chemistry we’ve built on our team and then we don’t take the next step.

I know you didn’t like our former starter we had from 2015-2017, but we were heading in the right direction back then. If we had kept DJax or Garçon in 2017 add that to the last 3 drafts we’ve had and our offense wouldn’t be much of a question mark and this defense would be looking strong as well.

But, we don’t have that QB anymore or one of those WRs, so we have question marks all over our passing offense now which we didn’t have from 2015-2017.

Or you could've added picks by possibly trading at least 1 of those players. I still believe they could've traded Cousins to San Fran for a 1st or 2nd round pick. 

1 hour ago, SeanTaylorsaPIMP said:

Really not looking forward to the Eagles Tight Ends catching a million balls 12 yards down the field with our LBers in pass coverage. I think that's whats gonna kill us on Sunday as much as anything. 

Are you talking down my adoptees?! 

giphy.gif

Oh wait ... it's our ILBs.

tenor.gif

• Like 2