Around the NFL: Week 1

DaBoys

1. I have the Bears over the Packers. 

2. How long will Antonio Brown last on a bad team before total destruction? He has never played on a bad team before, and now he is tweeting threats @ the Raiders. 

3. The Chargers reportedly told at least one team the asking price for M. Gordon is a 1st and a 5th, but somehow don't value him enough to pay him. Contradicting?

5 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I have Antonio Brown in a couple fantasy leagues and I have serious doubts he makes it thru the season. 

I'm curious as to how Brissett does in Indy, Much like Dak, he has an excellent team around offensively. Will be interesting to see what growing pains there are, if any.

Brissett is talented, carried his team in college much like Dak did. But not to Dak's level.

I'm not a 100% on this, but iirc there are provisions in Brown's contract that make it very possible Oakland can void the guarantees and basically walk away scot free.  If that is the case, I would not be surprised to see them walk away. Mayock doesn't seem the type to continually put up with this. 

21 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Thought I remembered hearing something about this during the helmet fiasco...

Imagine being so dumb, you cost yourself $30m because you can't shut your mouth.  

I fully expect them to cut him. The Steelers are probably laughing their butts off right now.

• Like 2

So a buddy asked me if it would be an annulment or divorce if the Raiders can indeed void AB’s contract. I said an annulment.

His response: So, the marriage was never consummated.

My reply: No, the Raiders are consummating with AB. He just isn’t consummating with them. It would be the equivalent of “incarceration consummation”.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 2