Around the NFL: Week 1

DaBoys

10 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I agree with Bobby on this. Something fishy...

But what? I wouldn't think the foot would be a huge deal considering he's planning on playing this weekend. 

He's a quiet dude, not any off-the-field concerns that we know of. The team likes him. We traded a 1st round pick for him...surely this is just a lot of nothing and part of negotiations? 

And Stephen does say "will eventually get worked out." So...I think this might just be a lot of nothing.

9 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I'm pretty sure they are waiting for other WRs to sign. I don't think it's hesitation on the organization. I think Amaris' camp is stalling.

Would be my guess as well. I'm pretty sure Julio Jones said something to the effect of not being entirely sure he wanted to play this weekend without a new contract. 

I will admit the comment from SJ comes off with a really negative vibe. 

I'm not so familiar with the kind of injury Cooper has with his foot. Is it the type of injury that can Linger on or perhaps get worse as the season goes along. Meaning of affecting his overall speed and athleticism. Therefore committing to a player who may not ever quite be the same too early may come back to haunt us.

Could it be for a reason like this, if someone can clarify his injury and the potential of it lingering please go ahead