49ers Survivor Pool. RUDYZ WINS!

N4L

50 minutes ago, N4L said:

just so everyone knows, I will be updating the first post on Tuesday/Wednesday of each week. Its too much to do every time someone responds.

also, check the first post and lets all laugh at @Forge for being the only person to lose this week. 

This why you take the best teams and not try and get cute

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

This why you take the best teams and not try and get cute

I think that it's a common misconception in survivor pools - being a touch overagressive with the intent of saving the best for later. There's only 17 weeks in the season. Only seventeen teams you need to pick. And probably not even that given that we'll weed out the size of the pool in reasonable order. Taking Detroit or Denver as one of those seventeen with the road negative to boot requires a lot of faith. I think most should be hesitant to make all but the very best one of the 17 as a road pick. Steelers-Raiders and Steelers-Broncos and Dolphins-Patriots from last year are good warnings.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

I think that it's a common misconception in survivor pools - being a touch overagressive with the intent of saving the best for later. There's only 17 weeks in the season. Only seventeen teams you need to pick. And probably not even that given that we'll weed out the size of the pool in reasonable order. Taking Detroit or Denver as one of those seventeen with the road negative to boot requires a lot of faith. I think most should be hesitant to make all but the very best one of the 17 as a road pick. Steelers-Raiders and Steelers-Broncos and Dolphins-Patriots from last year are good warnings.  

I agree here. Each week I play these games, I only look to win, not save a team for later. I will worry about those chance picks when I need to.