GDT 9/8/19 Week 1: 0-0 Baltimore Ravens vs 0-0 Miami Dolphins

DreamKid

8 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Their team looks good, but I just don’t see the juggernaut that they’ve been portrayed as. 

They had a solid unit already last year, then added Greedy Williams, OBJ, Kareem Hunt, Sheldon Richardson, Olivier Vernon and more. That is a lot of talent, so I can understand fans being confident.

2 hours ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Won't have to worry about Tyreek Hill when we play KC in a couple weeks.

I'm worried about our corners if Jimmy misses any time. Averett looked bad today. Might have to use Carr outside and maybe Clark at nickel.

I think you keep Averrett in there, I think with more practice as the RCB and more game experience and he does a better job. He had decent coverage, just hasn’t gotten his head around fast enough. Small corrections and he doesn’t look so bad (from what I saw anyway) I think. I’d rather keep getting Carr that experience in the slot for when Smith eventually comes back.

4 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I don't know why this made me laugh so hard.. 

Is this real or is it a fake tweet? If it’s real I’d definitely be interested in seeing what it might cost to acquire Minkah Fitzpatrick. We’re loaded at safety, but I think in the right circumstance he’s a potential elite safety. And hey, if it’s going to be a fire sale, why not.

... You can’t tank and hope that young players from former winning programs are going to want to play for you.

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

Is this real or is it a fake tweet? If it’s real I’d definitely be interested in seeing what it might cost to acquire Minkah Fitzpatrick. We’re loaded at safety, but I think in the right circumstance he’s a potential elite safety. And hey, if it’s going to be a fire sale, why not.

... You can’t tank and hope that young players from former winning programs are going to want to play for you.

Get us a Xavien Howard IMHO

but damn dude imagine being a player who got toasted today and then be like "GET ME OUT OF HERE THIS TEAM SUCKS!" - unless you're Ryan Fitzpatrick and you've realized this team is making you the sacrificial lamb in their plans to get the #1 overall pick.

@Danand As you've mentioned these past couple days. It's clear Roman is smartly following the trend and we'll be seeing Hill split out wide quite frequently. They did it multiple times this game, and often from 12 Personnel. They love having the ability to go empty set with that group of players. It creates ton of space for Lamar and forces non ideal match ups for defenses. 

Lamar's ability to freeze defenders(even for a nano second), with even an empty backfield, makes tough cover assignments for defenses- nearly impossible. You can't ask a defender to man up Andrews, Brown, Hurst etc and keep Lamar contained. Especially when you have zero ability to generate pressure with a 4 man front. It results in what we saw from this game.

6 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Fitzpatrick could have some ability to play some nickel snaps as well :)