2020 nfl mock drafts thread

LinderFournette

13 Tristan Wirfs, OT Iowa freak athlete who should solve our LT problems. allows us to potentially move cam inside to guard to replacxe the undurable Andrew Norwell

45 Travis Etienne, RB Clemson Replacing fournette. considered By far the BPA

77 Ashtyn Davis, S California potential starting FS who has great athletic abilities

Bryan Edwards, WR South Carolina bigger bodied wr who has some questionable speed

Jalen Hurts, QB Oklahoma qb competition for minshew

Levonta Taylor, CB Florida State potential bouye replacement(if we extend ramsey bouye is gone)

Tarik Black, WR Michigan highly athletic but cant seem to stay on the field but i think this spot is worth the risk.

Marlon Davidson, EDGE Auburn hes a tweener. 2 small to be a IDL but to slow and lacking bend of an edge

Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR Liberty big bodied wr who plays physical

Edited by LinderFournette

Henry Ruggs III, WR Alabama Starting number 1 WR. that speed should help aleviate that 8/9 man box

Hamsah Nasirildeen, S Florida State Big athletic Safety who hasnt put it all together but safety class falls pretty hard after him.

Lloyd Cushenberry III, IOL LSU potential replacement for linder. highly athletic and a nasty play to the whistle guy,

Shaquille Quarterman, LB Miami backup Mike. could start at mike letting jack being a Sam or will and having jack stay on the field ala when we had poz

Najee Harris, RB Alabama RB competion  big athletic guy who is the lead dog now at RBU

Mohamed Barry, LB Nebraska competion for Quincy williams. both play very similiar but barry has a touch more height

Marlon Davidson, EDGE Auburn DL depth. hes not a true edge guy like allen or ngakoue. more of an end like red bryant. 

Tarik Black, WR Michigan high upside WR who has played 6 games in his college career due to injuries. im willing to burn a 6th for a potential star wr. 

Riley Neal, QB Vanderbilt QB competition for minshew

13 Henry Ruggs III , WR Alabama Starting wr. would give us 2 Speed wrs outside(Chark and ruggs) with Dede in the slot. 

45 Hamsah Nasirildeen , S Florida State big safety who might move to LB or could play safety. either way our D needs some help. 

77 Jonathan Greenard, EDGE Florida Replaces ngakoue in a year because our team is dumb. 

109 Cesar Ruiz, IOL Michigan potential replacement for linder

158 Chuba Hubbard, RB Oklahoma State RB depth

173 Justin Madubuike, IDL Texas A&M DT depth. might be able to be a big end as well

179 Justin Strnad, LB Wake Forest lacks agility but makes up for it with sideline to sideline speed.  projects as an off-ball LB. 

205 Josiah Deguara, TE Cincinnati really just an H-back guy. 

27 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

13 Henry Ruggs III , WR Alabama Starting wr. would give us 2 Speed wrs outside(Chark and ruggs) with Dede in the slot. 

45 Hamsah Nasirildeen , S Florida State big safety who might move to LB or could play safety. either way our D needs some help. 

77 Jonathan Greenard, EDGE Florida Replaces ngakoue in a year because our team is dumb. 

109 Cesar Ruiz, IOL Michigan potential replacement for linder

158 Chuba Hubbard, RB Oklahoma State RB depth

173 Justin Madubuike, IDL Texas A&M DT depth. might be able to be a big end as well

179 Justin Strnad, LB Wake Forest lacks agility but makes up for it with sideline to sideline speed.  projects as an off-ball LB. 

205 Josiah Deguara, TE Cincinnati really just an H-back guy. 

Do you like Ruggs over Jeudy, or are you just projecting that we'll be picking too late to grab him?

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

Do you like Ruggs over Jeudy, or are you just projecting that we'll be picking too late to grab him?

the sim has picking 13. i fully expect Jeudy to go top 10 easy more like top 5 IMO but theres arguments for a good number of guys that we could pick.  

u could argue for a OT, S, CB, IDL pretty easy in terms of BPA.  

if u want to play around im using https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

7 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

the sim has picking 13. i fully expect Jeudy to go top 10 easy more like top 5 IMO but theres arguments for a good number of guys that we could pick.  

u could argue for a OT, S, CB, IDL pretty easy in terms of BPA.  

if u want to play around im using https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

Gotcha.  I just don't really put much stock in the "realism" of those sort of sims, even after the season much closer to the draft.  I wasn't sure which case it was, but that makes sense.

At this point in the season, i'm still just trying to get a broad peripheral view of the prospects.  Haven't really dived too deep on many of 'em yet.

10 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Gotcha.  I just don't really put much stock in the "realism" of those sort of sims, even after the season much closer to the draft.  I wasn't sure which case it was, but that makes sense.

At this point in the season, i'm still just trying to get a broad peripheral view of the prospects.  Haven't really dived too deep on many of 'em yet.

They have scouting reports on the player's in the sim as well

13 Henry Ruggs III, WR Alabama Star WR. even with charks vast inmprovement and still having dede westbrook we still need a legit number 1 wr. ruggs brings some size and speed and would be a number 1 wr on pretty much any college team that isnt bama. 

45 Shaun Wade, CB Ohio State Physical gifted but raw corner.  has solid size at 6 foot 1 185 and hes a redshirt sophmore but would replace bouye as his play has continued to decline. 

77 Lloyd Cushenberry III, IOL LSU Starting c/lg.  Linder makes 2 much money for how often hes hurt and norwell just seems to be a sucky OL that seems to be hurt often. 

109 Marvin Wilson, IDL Florida State potential replacement for dareus

158 Mohamed Barry , LB Nebraska Backup WLB/STer.  seems to be near the ball all the time and while hes a bit smaller then desired 6 foot 1 230(he is bigger then quincy)

173 Josiah Deguara , TE Cincinnati H-back/te depth

179 Jalen Hurts, QB Oklahoma QB competiton. he might not even be here when the draft comes #LinconRileytheQBDeveloper

205 Carter Coughlin , EDGE Minnesota lanky edge who needs to pack on size or move to an offball position but is pretty athletic. might be a replacement for mccray

13 Henry Ruggs III, WR Alabama number 1 wr

45 Shaun Wade, CB Ohio State Replacing Ramsey

77 Darrell Taylor, EDGE Tennessee Replacing Ngakoue

109 Trey Sermon, RB Oklahoma Backup RB who can pass pro

158 Josiah Deguara, TE Cincinnati Hback. 

173 Levonta Taylor, CB Florida State Replacing bouye

179 Damar Hamlin, S Pittsburgh Safety depth

205 Mike Panasiuk, IDL Michigan State IDL depth. doesnt wow you but plays good run defense. 

Really hope we can develop some of these young guys soon so we can figure out which of these needs are legit

We still have significant holes at TE and backup RB as well as a true #1 WR. Whoever is at QB needs to get some weapons but the OL cant be ignored.

Yannick/Jalen might not be back, eventually Calais will decline and we're without a true MLB and FS

On 9/21/2019 at 12:57 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Really hope we can develop some of these young guys soon so we can figure out which of these needs are legit

We still have significant holes at TE and backup RB as well as a true #1 WR. Whoever is at QB needs to get some weapons but the OL cant be ignored.

Yannick/Jalen might not be back, eventually Calais will decline and we're without a true MLB and FS

TE i think will get a slight pass cuz we spent a 3rd on Oliver. backup RB maybe but i think Flip is wanting to have a straight 1 back offense and not a committee like approach and armstead is pretty much a rough carbon copy of fournette.  

Jack is being paid liker a true MLB. we dont need a MLB. we need LB depth.  i say LB depth and not a starter cuz Jacobs has looked solid in his limited snaps(due to lots of nickle) and Q. Williams was a 3rd just last year for WLB.  FS i agree to a point we need a better FS but honestly this safety class kinda sucks as a whole and wilson might not be our super traditional FS like an earl thomas or even gipson but atleast on madden he seems more of a fit their then as a SS.