Jump to content
LinderFournette

2020 nfl mock drafts thread

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I like it a lot, but I'm slightly worried about the optics of the OL. I think a solid MLB or interior DL could be had via FA. OL I'm not sure I feel the same about.

Chaisson makes sense if Yan is gone, Kinlaw is great, but feel like instead of Queen we should sign a solid guy like Schobert/Martinez and go interior OL.

Queen was pretty close to bpa and there weren't any iol worth our 2nd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 Javon Kinlaw, IDL starting dl

20 A.J. Epenesa, EDGE replacement for campbell.....could be a good base end even in nickle

42 Trevon Diggs, CB starting cb

73 Kyle Dugger, S lb/s depth.  Should plug in at least as a nickle lb

106 Adam Trautman, TE pass catching te

169 Chase Claypool, WR wr competition

186 Francis Bernard, LB lb depth

200 Stephen Sullivan, TE te/wr depth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

    
Round 1 Pick 9: Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 1 Pick 20: Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 26 (MINN): Brycen Hopkins, TE, Purdue (A-)
Round 2 Pick 31 (K.C.): Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia (A)
Round 3 Pick 9: Larrell Murchison, DT, NC State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 31 (DEN): Kenny Willekes, DE/OLB, Michigan State (A)
Round 4 Pick 10: AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College (A+)
Round 5 Pick 19: Jeffrey McCulloch, OLB, Texas (A+)
Round 6 Pick 10: Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty (A+)
Round 6 Pick 27: Khalil Davis, DT, Nebraska (A+)
Round 7 Pick 9: Steven Gonzalez, OG, Penn State (A+)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 Isaiah Simmons, LB starting mike

20 Andrew Thomas, OT franchise lt

42 Grant Delpit, S starting fs

73 Bryce Hall, CB starting corner. Fits well in cover 3 and zone. 

106 Adam Trautman, TE potential starting te

147 Alton Robinson, EDGE replacement for ngakoue if hes not resigned. At worse gives us a 3rd true edge guy

169 Collin Johnson, WR big wr

186 Benito Jones, IDL backup nt

200 Antonio Gibson, RB pass catching back/wr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A guy I heard Tony Pauline talking about is RB/FB Bronson Rechsteiner from Kennesaw State. He is son of wrestler Rick Steiner and nephew of Scott Steiner and is expecting to put up crazy numbers at his Pro day (supposedly runs a 4.3-4.4). I can definitely see Tony looking at him especially with his wrestling background.
 

 

Anyways, here a mock using Matt Miller’s latest board.

 
9: R1P9
 
DL JAVON KINLAW
SOUTH CAROLINA
20: R1P20
 
OT MEKHI BECTON
LOUISVILLE
42: R2P10
 
CB TREVON DIGGS
ALABAMA
73: R3P9
 
WR VAN JEFFERSON
FLORIDA
113: R4P10
 
TE HARRISON BRYANT
FLORIDA ATLANTIC
165: R5P19
 
LB FRANCIS BERNARD
UTAH
189: R6P10
 
SOLOMON KINDLEY
GEORGIA
206: R6P27
 
DL BENITO JONES
OLE MISS
223: R7P9
 
RB BENNY LEMAY
CHARLOTTE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

only problem i see besides the Jump from Kennesaw state top NFL is that 1) he is likely viewed as just a fullback and 2) not many teams carry a FB anymore. With that being said i wouldnt be mad throwing a 7th on him if ur gonna make FB a role on offense(which i think it could help our Rush offense even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 Isaiah Simmons, LB starting mike

20 A.J. Epenesa, EDGE future replacement for campbell. 

42 Grant Delpit, S starting fs

73 Bryce Hall, CB starting cb

106 Damien Lewis, IOL potential starting rg

147 Chase Claypool, WR big wr who is different then all of our other wrs. 

169 Justin Herron, OT OL depth

186 Raequan Williams, IDL IDL depth

200 Antonio Gibson, RB pass catching rb. Might also be a wr. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 Javon Kinlaw, IDL starting dt

20 Patrick Queen, LB starting lb. 

42 Jeff Gladney, CB starting cb

73 Adam Trautman, TE possible starting te

106 Van Jefferson, WR possible starting wr

147 Harrison Hand, CB physical zone corner/safety. 

169 Justin Herron, OT ot depth

186 Antoine Brooks Jr., S strong safety/lb depth

200 Kevin Dotson, IOL future starting g

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2020 at 5:55 PM, LinderFournette said:

only problem i see besides the Jump from Kennesaw state top NFL is that 1) he is likely viewed as just a fullback and 2) not many teams carry a FB anymore. With that being said i wouldnt be mad throwing a 7th on him if ur gonna make FB a role on offense(which i think it could help our Rush offense even more.

Yeah, that jump would be tough. His pro day is on the 20th and supposedly is expected to put up crazy numbers (4.3 to 4.4 40, 39 inch very, 20+ reps on bench). Depending on that he may be a 7th rounder or a priority UDFA. He could definitely be an awesome project at FB/RB/HBack/TE and with his wrestling background, I’m sure Tony Khan already has his eye on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chops013 said:

Yeah, that jump would be tough. His pro day is on the 20th and supposedly is expected to put up crazy numbers (4.3 to 4.4 40, 39 inch very, 20+ reps on bench). Depending on that he may be a 7th rounder or a priority UDFA. He could definitely be an awesome project at FB/RB/HBack/TE and with his wrestling background, I’m sure Tony Khan already has his eye on him.

Im sure khan doesn't.....now if we had gene smith he would be a 5th rounder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 Isaiah Simmons, LB starting lb

20 Laviska Shenault Jr., WR starting wr

42 Ross Blacklock, IDL starting nt

73 Bryce Hall, CB starting cb

106 Jeremy Chinn, S S competition. Has good size and production

147 Devin Asiasi, TE future starting te. 

169 Yasir Durant, IOL ol depth

186 Benito Jones, IDL nt depth

200D.J. Wonnum, EDGE edge depth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 Isaiah Simmons, LB starting lb

20 A.J. Epenesa, EDGE future replacement for campbell. Should let us move on from campbell after the season. Should translate to any scheme if hc us fired

42 Brandon Aiyuk, WR starting wr whos got lots of length. 

73 Ashtyn Davis, CB/S he was a safety but some people think he has tools to be a corner. Can compete for a spot at either spot.

106 Leki Fotu, IDL replacement for ngakoue

147 Harrison Hand, CB cb competion. Could be a future safety

169 Chase Claypool, WR/TE projected as a move te. Should contribute on special teams as well.  Showed up at almost 240 pounds at combine. 

186 Antonio Gibson, RB pass catching rb. Can be used at wr

200 Michael Divinity Jr., EDGE wether he plays edge or sam lb we could use depth at either spot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round 1 Pick 9: Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State-(Jags get lucky another generational talent falls to them yet again at CB)
Round 1 Pick 20: Jerry Judy, WR, Alabama -(Jags get much needed play maker on offense that falls to them at 20)
Round 2 Pick 42: Ross Blacklock, DL,TCU -(Jags get a solid anchor in the middle of the DL to pair with Bryan)
Round 3 Pick 73: Lloyd Cushenberry, OG, LSU-(Drafting Cushenberry allows you to get a decent IL able to move Linder back to G)
Round 4 Pick 113: Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Mizz-(Offensive weapon at TE to pair with Oliver)
Round 5 Pick 165 : Stanford Samuel III, CB, FSU-(Long fluid corner could potentially be a better pro solid zone corner)
Round 6 Pick 10: Khalil Davis, DL, Nebraska -(IDL Depth)
Round 6 Pick 19: Naquan Jones, DL, Texas -(IDL Depth)
Round 7 Pick 10: Lynn Bowden Jr, WR, Kentucky-(Offensive weapon that can PR-Slot-and line up in the back field)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DuvalsKing said:

Round 1 Pick 9: Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio State-(Jags get lucky another generational talent falls to them yet again at CB)
Round 1 Pick 20: Jerry Judy, WR, Alabama -(Jags get much needed play maker on offense that falls to them at 20)
Round 2 Pick 42: Ross Blacklock, DL,TCU -(Jags get a solid anchor in the middle of the DL to pair with Bryan)
Round 3 Pick 73: Lloyd Cushenberry, OG, LSU-(Drafting Cushenberry allows you to get a decent IL able to move Linder back to G)
Round 4 Pick 113: Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Mizz-(Offensive weapon at TE to pair with Oliver)
Round 5 Pick 165 : Stanford Samuel III, CB, FSU-(Long fluid corner could potentially be a better pro solid zone corner)
Round 6 Pick 10: Khalil Davis, DL, Nebraska -(IDL Depth)
Round 6 Pick 19: Naquan Jones, DL, Texas -(IDL Depth)
Round 7 Pick 10: Lynn Bowden Jr, WR, Kentucky-(Offensive weapon that can PR-Slot-and line up in the back field)

This may just be best case scenario draft.

Really don't see any of the top 5 falling that far but one can hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

This may just be best case scenario draft.

Really don't see any of the top 5 falling that far but one can hope.

Mock fell kind of weird in the sim.. do to the run on offensive lineman going early.. it allowed Okudah and Jeudy to fall 🤷‍♂️

Edited by DuvalsKing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×