Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LinderFournette

2020 nfl mock drafts thread

Recommended Posts

This thread is my new home.

I know I suggested WR’s early on but we need big boys on both sides of the ball. Invest in OL/DL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

This thread is my new home.

I know I suggested WR’s early on but we need big boys on both sides of the ball. Invest in OL/DL. 

Yeah, tbh watching the 49ers last night and Ravens tonight makes me want to return to the real smashmouth roots.

RG needs to be addressed and we need assurance behind Cam. I think Taylor takes a nice step up next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

This thread is my new home.

I know I suggested WR’s early on but we need big boys on both sides of the ball. Invest in OL/DL. 

Throw in a true mike lb cuz jack aint working well in the middle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, .Buzz said:

You can find OL past round 1.

Our DL is largely set up well minus a big run stuffer. Allen, Ngakoue, Abry, Taven, hopefully Dareus on a restructure, etc. is a solid unit. Derrick Brown would do wonders, as would an actual thumper at LB/a scheme that lets the LBs come downhill. 

I'm all in on Minshew, but if a guy you like falls I'm not sure you pass on him. The likelihood of this roster being close to nab Lawrence in 2021 if they get a competent staff.

If Minshew ends up being the guy you have a highly touted QB off the bench that could probably fetch a solid return down the road.

U can find some that slip thru the cracks but most starting ol are first 3 rounds.  I don't think khan has the stones to fire everyone so with this staff i do think we can be that bad. 

 

Im just saying this team has more holes then picking a qb round 1 especially with minshews good performance as a 6th round rookie. Unless we carrying 3 qbs which i don't think we should or need to then we get another 1st round bench warmer for rookie year. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

U can find some that slip thru the cracks but most starting ol are first 3 rounds.  I don't think khan has the stones to fire everyone so with this staff i do think we can be that bad. 

 

Im just saying this team has more holes then picking a qb round 1 especially with minshews good performance as a 6th round rookie. Unless we carrying 3 qbs which i don't think we should or need to then we get another 1st round bench warmer for rookie year. 

 

What do you mean Khan doesn't have the stones? He literally said at the end of the last year that this year they had to win as last year there were "too many long Sunday's", that's literally happening all over again.

As far as OL sure, but we also do have a 2nd and 3rd. We don't have to draft 3-4 OL. This unit hasn't been the best but it also hasn't been as awful as your leading on. Not many OLs in the NFL are amazing, it's been a problem around the league for a while. Norwell has looked better as time goes on, Jawaan was just a 2nd rounder and is developing and Cam is just coming off an ACL. I expect all 3 to be starting next year, and Linder has a decent shot of sticking around too.

RG we definitely need someone and I'd like to draft a guy who could complete with Cam but unless a franchise tackle is obvious and there I don't think you pull that trigger unless he's BPA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm seeing a lot of mocks projecting Leatherwood too us. 

Gotta start watching some of these guys soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2019 at 10:28 AM, .Buzz said:

What do you mean Khan doesn't have the stones? He literally said at the end of the last year that this year they had to win as last year there were "too many long Sunday's", that's literally happening all over again.

As far as OL sure, but we also do have a 2nd and 3rd. We don't have to draft 3-4 OL. This unit hasn't been the best but it also hasn't been as awful as your leading on. Not many OLs in the NFL are amazing, it's been a problem around the league for a while. Norwell has looked better as time goes on, Jawaan was just a 2nd rounder and is developing and Cam is just coming off an ACL. I expect all 3 to be starting next year, and Linder has a decent shot of sticking around too.

RG we definitely need someone and I'd like to draft a guy who could complete with Cam but unless a franchise tackle is obvious and there I don't think you pull that trigger unless he's BPA. 

look at Linders performance this year. its Subpar by a lot.   Half the reason why our offense sucks is because we cant overcome any Offensive Penalty.  look at our OL see how many penalties we have just from them.  Linder has atleast 10.  Linder can be cut for lil dead money and while we would need a replacement(perhaps cann can play center as he was a top recruit as a center) but theres 0 Accountability for the OL and their lackluster performance. 

Cam is a FA after Next season,.  Norwells play isnt worth the contract and guess what his dead money drops significantly after next season.    Linder can be cut anytime as hes a bit injury-prone but his play this year has been terrible just look at last weeks game when we had a 1st and 10 from the Tenn 15 and guess what we got Holding Linder and u know what happened on that drive we ended up having to punt not kick a FG but Punt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2019 at 10:51 AM, .Buzz said:

I'm seeing a lot of mocks projecting Leatherwood too us. 

Gotta start watching some of these guys soon.

Leatherwood has G and tackle ability.  was a starting guard for them last year. moved to tackle this year because they lost Jonah Williams their starting LT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

look at Linders performance this year. its Subpar by a lot.   Half the reason why our offense sucks is because we cant overcome any Offensive Penalty.  look at our OL see how many penalties we have just from them.  Linder has atleast 10.  Linder can be cut for lil dead money and while we would need a replacement(perhaps cann can play center as he was a top recruit as a center) but theres 0 Accountability for the OL and their lackluster performance. 

Cam is a FA after Next season,.  Norwells play isnt worth the contract and guess what his dead money drops significantly after next season.    Linder can be cut anytime as hes a bit injury-prone but his play this year has been terrible just look at last weeks game when we had a 1st and 10 from the Tenn 15 and guess what we got Holding Linder and u know what happened on that drive we ended up having to punt not kick a FG but Punt. 

So who are you replacing everyone with? Do we not also need desperate help on the interior of the DL and a thumper at LB? Are we good with just Chark, Dede, and little else at WR? Are we going to go all in with just JSO and Oliver next year? Do we not need more depth at corner? 

I understand our OL hasn't been great, but that's a problem around the league. I also have little interest in starting 2-3 rookies upfront next year. They take time and usually are going to be penalty riddled/have their ups and downs too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Leatherwood has G and tackle ability.  was a starting guard for them last year. moved to tackle this year because they lost Jonah Williams their starting LT.

I know about his situation, just am interested to see why theyre mocking more of a guard type that high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I know about his situation, just am interested to see why theyre mocking more of a guard type that high.

Cuz he looks good at left tackle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

So who are you replacing everyone with? Do we not also need desperate help on the interior of the DL and a thumper at LB? Are we good with just Chark, Dede, and little else at WR? Are we going to go all in with just JSO and Oliver next year? Do we not need more depth at corner? 

I understand our OL hasn't been great, but that's a problem around the league. I also have little interest in starting 2-3 rookies upfront next year. They take time and usually are going to be penalty riddled/have their ups and downs too.

 

This team needs a full on rebuild imo.  

If we get an entire orginazational sweep i think going bpa with regards to needs.  Like say u have almost equal graded say safety and a wr id say we would go wr. 

We only have so many picks to draft rookies. 

If we keep dareus on a restructure maybe idl goes down a bit on needs. 

Theres way to many things to speculate on that will influence our draft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea the trenches need to be addressed big time. Also we need a MIKE badly

This lb class at first glance isnt strong at the top. There's 3 lbers that ive seen consistently listed in the 1st 3 rounds.  

dylan moses alabama. Missed this entire season but considered as a top 15 before injury.

Kenneth murray Oklahoma. He projects to me as a wlb and he struggles getting/shedding off blocks.

Monty Rice Georgia. Haven't watched him much but former 4 star guy so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

This team needs a full on rebuild imo.  

If we get an entire orginazational sweep i think going bpa with regards to needs.  Like say u have almost equal graded say safety and a wr id say we would go wr. 

We only have so many picks to draft rookies. 

If we keep dareus on a restructure maybe idl goes down a bit on needs. 

Theres way to many things to speculate on that will influence our draft

I disagree on full rebuild. There's plenty of talent on this team. Coaching/scheme and not having enough depth/talent at a few spots is the issue, but I don't think we're far away with the right hires.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×