2020 nfl mock drafts thread

LinderFournette

11 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I was more the opposite. Mahomes seemed like another classic case of big arm but what else?

I also thought he had solid athleticism. 

I also liked josh allen a lil bit for what he could become because of his tool set as a big qb with a huge arm and above average athleticism

9 Derrick Brown, IDL replaces dareus

41 Jalen Reagor, WR gives us another athletic wr. 

73 Hamsah Nasirildeen, S bigger bodied safety whos very athletic. Potential replacement for wilson

105 Albert Okwuegbunam, TE te depth

154 Trey Sermon, RB rb depth. Is a good blocker

168 Levonta Taylor, CB Potential starting cb

179 Mohamed Barry, LB lb depth

200 Tipa Galea'i, EDGE edge depth

Part of me wonders if the Jags should double down next season on ensuring that Minshew takes the next developmental step.

Invest in OL, TE, WR and hopefully ensure that you don’t see any regression because the talent gets better to offset teams being better prepared for him.

If Cam Robinson is not the LT of the future draft that guy and have one of the better OLs in the league.

Get a top end TE to spread defenses out more.

I like the WR core, especially is Chark can maintain the high level. But maybe a dynamic pass catching back that can add an element.

We are going through this with Trubiksy right now in Chicago. He has regressed, but just as big a story is that the OL fell off a cliff.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Part of me wonders if the Jags should double down next season on ensuring that Minshew takes the next developmental step.

Invest in OL, TE, WR and hopefully ensure that you don’t see any regression because the talent gets better to offset teams being better prepared for him.

If Cam Robinson is not the LT of the future draft that guy and have one of the better OLs in the league.

Get a top end TE to spread defenses out more.

I like the WR core, especially is Chark can maintain the high level. But maybe a dynamic pass catching back that can add an element.

We are going through this with Trubiksy right now in Chicago. He has regressed, but just as big a story is that the OL fell off a cliff.

You guys did a phenomenal job getting him weapons before last year, id be fine with doing something similar assuming Stache keeps it up

9 A.J. Epenesa, EDGE Campbell replacement

41 Raekwon Davis, IDL startibg DL

73 Solomon Kindley, IOL starting guard

105 Albert Okwuegbunam, TE te competition

145 Brandon Aiyuk, WR wr depth. Hes climbing up boards and is doing a good job replacing first round pick neal

168 Reggie Floyd, S good size safety who can cover well and his drawback is his overagressiveness

186 Levonta Taylor, CB everything u like but his height

200 McTelvin Agim, IDL athletic 3tech

8 A.J. Epenesa, EDGE Iowa went with the guy who i feel the team will like and want and have him replace Campbell as our "big" end. 

16 Henry Ruggs III, WR Alabama speed is the name of the game for this Uber fast wr who runs a reported 4.2-4.3 40 time

40 A.J. Terrell, CB Clemson starting cb

72 Hamsah Nasirildeen, S Florida State tall lanky safety whos got good agility and seems to me would be a fine FS next to Harrison. 

104 Leki Fotu, IDL Utah Dareus Replacement

143 Cheyenne O'Grady, TE Arkansas a reliable pass catching te who does a decent job as a blocker and has experience working as a inline and flex te

167 Trey Sermon, RB Oklahoma RB depth. would be a good 3rd down back cuz of his blocking

187 Mohamed Barry, LB Nebraska LB depth

199 Josh Jones, OT Houston Developmental OT with good upside. 

8 Derrick Brown, IDL, Auburn replacement for dareus

16 A.J. Epenesa, EDGE, Iowa replacement forr campbell. By far bpa to me

40 Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama bpa. If he played this year some think top 10. 

72 Hamsah Nasirildeen, S, FSU big safety who could be an improvement on wilson. Could try him as a cb depending how well he tests

104 Sage Surratt, WR, Wake Forest good blocking wr who is pretty fluid but needs some route running help. 

143 Cheyenne O'Grady, TE, Arkansas te depth

167 Mekhi Becton, IOL, Louisville future lg?

187 Dane Jackson, CB, Pittsburgh cb depth. 

199 Josh Jones, OT, Houston development OT

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I get that we need to replace guys but are you saying we are cutting Dareus/Campbell? I just feel like we have immediate needs on the OL and probably better backups on the DL than OL

Dareus is a for sure cut with his cap hit.  

We can save 15 million if we cut Campbell not saying we will but hes getting old and is a fa in 2021 and i dont see a replacement on the roster that i would be comfortable as a starter. 

Epensa is seen to some as a top 10 guy. Brown's the same way and i feel brown is an elite talent at a position that needs retooling. 

I wanted a cb early but the values of the guys i picked were better imo then an ol because i don't see the jags doing changes on the OL unless they want to replace linder.  Norwell is locked in next year. Cam and richardson will battle it out for lt.  Taylor wont be replaced.  Cann could be replaced but front office likes him so its doubtful hes gone. 

Wirfs was the only ol available at our pick that would provide good value but i see brown better. 

6 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Dareus is a for sure cut with his cap hit.  

We can save 15 million if we cut Campbell not saying we will but hes getting old and is a fa in 2021 and i dont see a replacement on the roster that i would be comfortable as a starter. 

Epensa is seen to some as a top 10 guy. Brown's the same way and i feel brown is an elite talent at a position that needs retooling. 

I wanted a cb early but the values of the guys i picked were better imo then an ol because i don't see the jags doing changes on the OL unless they want to replace linder.  Norwell is locked in next year. Cam and richardson will battle it out for lt.  Taylor wont be replaced.  Cann could be replaced but front office likes him so its doubtful hes gone. 

Wirfs was the only ol available at our pick that would provide good value but i see brown better. 

Yeah.  If they can't do something about Dareus potential caphit, he'll be gone for sure.  They'll have options on that though.  Ways to get that number back down to a more reasonable figure.  Quality NT who can offer something outside the run game aren't the easiest thing to come by, and looking in the draft is often tricky because there are few, and they take a while to adjust to that role at the highest level.

Calais though, i don't see why they'd get rid of him, unless he starts to look completely out of gas toward the end of the year or something.  He's too important in too many ways, and still looks like he can play.  With Jalen gone, and other salary likely out the door as well...what else are we realistically going to spend that $15M on that's better than what Calais can still offer?

Do need to be looking forward though, and finding replacements for these guys, even if they are still on the roster for another year.

Question in prospectively replacing Calais down the line...is what exactly we'd need to be replacing, component-wise.  Depending on what happens with management and coaching...we could be looking at a different scheme altogether.  At the very least, with Yan and Josh as edge rushers...we could be looking to replace Dareus with more of a true 3T.  Might not need that versatility of Calais.  Just really hard to pin down.

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Calais though, i don't see why they'd get rid of him, unless he starts to look completely out of gas toward the end of the year or something.  He's too important in too many ways, and still looks like he can play.  With Jalen gone, and other salary likely out the door as well...what else are we realistically going to spend that $15M on that's better than what Calais can still offer?

Do need to be looking forward though, and finding replacements for these guys, even if they are still on the roster for another year.

Question in prospectively replacing Calais down the line...is what exactly we'd need to be replacing, component-wise.  Depending on what happens with management and coaching...we could be looking at a different scheme altogether.  At the very least, with Yan and Josh as edge rushers...we could be looking to replace Dareus with more of a true 3T.  Might not need that versatility of Calais.  Just really hard to pin down.

Agreed 100%, unless CC falls off a cliff I really dont want to cut him. He seems like he is the leader of team. For God Sakes he's the Mayor of Sacksonville. If he is still performing I think he'll do wonders with Allen as well. 

8 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Agreed 100%, unless CC falls off a cliff I really dont want to cut him. He seems like he is the leader of team. For God Sakes he's the Mayor of Sacksonville. If he is still performing I think he'll do wonders with Allen as well. 

You need to start planning for the Mayor of Sacksonville to retire, because it's coming...sooner, rather than later.  Buy yeah.  Let him play it out until he can't play no more.  Plan to replace him though, proactively...

Edited by Tugboat